Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I do a good job?

Hey it's me again.
    I took some advice and wrote my bf a letter saying that I want to break up with him because of the distance which I just can't deal with. But since we've been best text friends before and cause I really want to hang out with him when I visit his country, I also told him let's stay as brother&sister. I sent the letter yesterday morning and he read it, but hasn't replied to it yet. I'm worried that he won't reply to it like forever. I really want to know if he is thinking about my letter and is trying to write back or if he's just ignoring me. What should I do? Should I just leave him alone? Moreover I'm starting to regret about this whole breakup thing because well we haven't met each other yet so maybe I was just rushing things. But I just can't say "hey I was thinking and I think I made the most terrible mistake ever. Can we get back together?" when I sent the breakup letter yesterday..Do you think I did the right thing?
    Last edited by skgirl; August 13, 2013, 09:21 PM.

First of all, breaking up with someone via letter is a bit lame. At least if ou are going to break up with him, try and do it as face to face as possible, on the phone or maybe skype. A Dear John letter is really cowardly.

Second of all, you really need to work on what you want. You can't keep going back and forth with him. Either you're with him or you aren't. End of story. Doing anything else is just stringing him a long and that's cruel and unnecessary. There's a reason why you want to break up with him. What are the reasons you want to stay together? Make a list and compare
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
      First of all, breaking up with someone via letter is a bit lame. At least if ou are going to break up with him, try and do it as face to face as possible, on the phone or maybe skype. A Dear John letter is really cowardly.

Second of all, you really need to work on what you want. You can't keep going back and forth with him. Either you're with him or you aren't. End of story. Doing anything else is just stringing him a long and that's cruel and unnecessary. There's a reason why you want to break up with him. What are the reasons you want to stay together? Make a list and compare
      I concur with these statements. I'd also like to point out that trying to have some kind of "brother and sister" relationship most likely isn't going to happen. This is someone you've been romantically involved with. I can't help but think that this would be awkward on one or both sides,unless you never really had feelings for him as more then a friend to begin with.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
      Back Together: August 1,2012
      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
      Engaged: January 17,2013
      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

I really don't understand how you can tell someone you've been involved with romantically that you'd like to be " brother and sister" right as you break up. If I was in his shoes that would really hurt and possibly creep me out a bit.

That said though, what's done is done. I think you should give him his space and not try to contact him now. You probably had your reasons as to why you did it over a letter rather than in a more face to face way, so I won't give you a hard time for that.
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
        X