Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to dance related events alone. . for now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to dance related events alone. . for now.

Before I met my SO I had to get used to going to swing dances alone cause I didn't have a choice. Noone in my family ever wanted to come with me so I'm to a point where it's a bit frustrating showing up stag and vulnerable. If my SO were here with me it'd be different but until we CD I'm going alone. .. again unless I can find a friend somehow who remotely takes an interest in swing dancing. How do you cope with going to stuff alone if you can't find anyone else to come? There's this really cool swing dance event coming up and my SO can't be here of course but I hope I can find someone to come Even as a friend. You ever feel this way? I know it's temporary for now but it would be so nice to finally get to swing dance with my baby.

When it comes to events, I have a much different taste then my family and friends...
    So usually i don't find anyone to go with me either!
    In general, I don't really mind going alone.. aslong as its in a neighberhood where i feel safe.

My SO has more the same taste in events, so sometimes when i am somewhere and i know he would enjoy if he can be there 2
    - Maybe silly bit but, IF possible - i take my phone and see if he is online or send him a text, talk to him few minutes and tell him what its like, or what is around me, people i see or streets, or the place i am at. And one day he like randomly said: you know, i really like that you do that its like i am with you.

As for really dance related, i do irish dancing together with my cousin, but we both can't always go.
    The people tend to be very social, mostly because at these events it are group dances everyone can join into.

Comment

Working...
    X