No announcement yet.

LFAD MEETUP 2014! (NYC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time square is kinda a big landmark and I like to swing by at least to see it. Or we could grab lunch there at some point. I don't have an issue with the central park zoo. We could hit up the MET or the museum of natural history.
    "You want for myself
    You get me like no one else
    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
    Even in the darkest part of me
    I am beautiful with you
    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
    You're here with me
    Just show me this and I'll believe
    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

I'll be there! I'm just a 30 minute train ride away.

ETA
      Rockefeller Center is only decent in the winter. It is just a cluster of buildings. Times square is pretty cool. Coney island is actually in Brooklyn and really isn't the greatest area. I love Central Park. It's huuuuge and there is so much to do.
      Last edited by loveknowsnodistance27; August 16, 2013, 02:12 PM.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Oohh the museum of natural history sounds great!! Ill definitely put that on the list of possibilities. I made a facebook page to keep this all organized! Its not much yet, i'll work on it some more later: https://www.facebook.com/pages/LFAD-...85546741585052
        Made it official: 12-01-10
        First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
        Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I think i'd probably be able to make it. Moving to California at the beginning of next year and i think it'd be nice to take a trip to NY.

Comment

As a new yorker, Times Square sucks. ITs crowded and full of those crazy plush characters who are known to group people and push children. I'd be down for Central Park and the museum of Natural History/ Central Park Zoo. It's a beautiful area.
            "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Im thinking The Museum of natural history and china town. Its only a 15 minute train ride between the two. If people would rather go to time square we can split up to two groups.
              Last edited by Black_Halloween; August 16, 2013, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty much down for whatever anyone wants to do. I'm really just suggesting merely to help for the most part. I tend to just tag along anywhere lol.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                Back Together: August 1,2012
                First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                Engaged: January 17,2013
                Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
                  Im thinking The Museum of natural history and china town. Its only a 15 minute train ride between the two. If people would rather go to time square we can split up to two groups.
                  I work in Chinatown so I second this. There are a lot of little eateries and there is always Canal street for shopping.
                  "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I am interested, but I don't know where I will be in August of next year. I can take the train into NYC, but I don't know if I'll still be here next August!
                    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I'm living in Boston so I'd be about a three hour bus ride away. as long as there's enough notice I'd love to come! I think splitting up into groups might be best, Times Square is really cool and definitely a must-see for those who haven't been to NYC, but I've been a few times and I'd love to see some other things. I'd be down for the zoo and the natural history museum! maybe we could have a few groups and then meet up somewhere nice in the evening? we could have a massive picnic in Central Park or something!

Comment

If it's early August, count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by one-more-reason View Post
                          I'm living in Boston so I'd be about a three hour bus ride away. as long as there's enough notice I'd love to come! I think splitting up into groups might be best, Times Square is really cool and definitely a must-see for those who haven't been to NYC, but I've been a few times and I'd love to see some other things. I'd be down for the zoo and the natural history museum! maybe we could have a few groups and then meet up somewhere nice in the evening? we could have a massive picnic in Central Park or something!
                          Exactly what my SO said. I could draw up two plans and people can choose which one they'd like to go with. Id at least want everybody to meet in the same place before we split into groups so we can all meet and exchange phone numbers (just to be safe).

Comment

No promises, but if I can make it...!

Comment

I would want to come! I'm in school and not sure how money will be with me that time next year but I would definitely be interested. Hopefully I could convince my SO too

Comment

Working...
                              X