Dealing with Naysayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with Naysayers

I'm sure many of you deal with this... Naysayers. Family, friends, or other people who don't exactly agree with your long distance relationships. Some go so far as to advise those in LDRs to break it off as "it would never work". I was personally advised to "to avoid heartbreak."

I tend to ignore them or smile and nod, and remain optimistic. But I have to admit it's a bit disheartening and annoying.

Sorry if there is an active topic about this already!

How do you deal with naysayers? Anyone have any related stories they want to share?

Mhnmh, I dont think there is one good way to deal with it. Everyone does it differently after all. I tend to ignore it too and try to act as happy as possible. I think people like that are just acting so negatively to protect you a little. Maybe it is good to try not to think about it too much. It is just their opinion in the end.
    You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

I bet there was 20 similar threads that popped up when you entered the title. Lots of people deal with this have a little search around and you'll see tons of answers about it here.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Made this topic on my phone out of curiosity, didn't get to see those suggested threads. I'll check out similar threads when I get to a comp.

Comment

Working...
        X