Couples with big age difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couples with big age difference

I was just reading thread about members with children and decided it would be nice to find out who here is in relationship with someone much older/younger than them. There's 11 years between me and my SO, I'm 19 and he just turned 30. What about you? And did you ever encountered any difficulties because of age gap? How did your friends and family reacted?

I'm 19 and he's almost 27! We met when I was 16 and he was 24. My family gave us a hard time about it at first but when they realized he's great to me, they stopped.

a gente se completa neste abraço

Comment

There is a 7 year gap between me and my SO. I'm 21, and he'll soon be 28.
      The age gap has never been a problem. I just tease him about being old most of the time. (I'm lovely, I know )
      I haven't really spoken to my family about it yet, I'm not quite sure how they'll react.
      Just fingers crossed that it'll be alright, haha!

Comment

Me and my fiance have a 9 year age gap. We met when I was 19 and he was 28. I'm 22 and he's 31 now. The only issue I think we really have is he kinda acts like he's over the hill sometimes. Kinda drives me crazy because he's still really young. In my opinion you aren't old until you can't move anymore lol. As far as family and friends etc.,they don't really care about our age gap. They just kinda accept it and roll on lol.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
        Back Together: August 1,2012
        First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
        Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
        Engaged: January 17,2013
        Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
        Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
        We Got Married! - July 3,2014
        SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
        Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Rane is 11 years younger than I am. Oddly, our closest friends in the game WoW, where we met, are also separated by 11 years, with her being older too.
          I wouldn't do May/December again.

Comment

We don't have a big age gap... we are about 4.5 years difference... but I wanted to post here to share that the funny thing is I'm older, but he acts SO MUCH older than me in his day to day life... but when it comes to other issues, it feels like he is so immature he is like 15 years younger than me!! I guess maturity wise, our gap feels more like a 10-15 year gap... energy wise, I should be at least 5 - 10 years YOUNGER than him... not older...
            First met online: June, 2010
            First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
            Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Third visit together: August, 2012
            Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
            Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
            Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

There is a 7 year age gap between my SO and I. He is 29 and I am 22.
              My mom gave me a hard time about it when we first started dating, saying that he is too old for me, etc. But she has now come to accept our relationship
              I know that for many people, age is a big deal-breaker, but it has never mattered much to me. In fact, I'm glad he's a bit older than me, because many guys my age (that I know, anyways) are extremely immature.

Comment

My SO is 7 years older than me but I don't think it matters too much at our ages. But there's that short period from November to January where he's 8 years older and during those months I lay it on thick about how "old" he is

Met online: 1/30/11
                Met in person: 5/30/12
                Second visit: 9/12/12
                Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

8 year age gap here (almost on the dot, our birthdays are 2 weeks apart) but quite honestly I hardly ever notice it, because he act sooo much younger than he really is!
                  It never gave us any problems either :P
                  I remember someone showing me a picture and telling me how good he looked as a teenager in 1997 and in my mind I'm like.. "I was 8 at that time" which is just funny to me!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Age doesn't matter as long as you both are over 18 :P
                    Made it official: 12-01-10
                    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
                    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

We have a 9 year age gap between the two of us. I just turned 35 and he is 44. When we first got involved, I was 18 and he was 27, and at that time, the age difference did matter a little bit

Comment

Not really much of an age gap at all, 4 years with a month in between when it is 5 years. He keeps saying he is "old" which annoys me to no end!
                        So, here you are
                        too foreign for home
                        too foreign for here.
                        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Not much of an age gap but I'm 5 years older. I'll admit when he was 19 and I was 24 and did weird me out a bit but we just started dating almost a month ago and now I don't even see the age and in all honestly I think he acts more mature than I do at times lol.

Comment

My SO and I have an 8 year difference. She's 22 and I'm 30. I don't care about the age too much anymore but when we first started becoming "us" it was different. I don't want to say it felt wrong but you know? lol It's all good now. I feel like I'm 22 most of the time anyway! hehe

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                            Married April 18th, 2015!!
                            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Hmmm.. My first post.. Well, my SO would be 19 this November and I'm already 25.. So I will say a little bit above 6 years gap.. But I'm really amazed how mature she act though.

Comment

Working...
                              X