Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boyfriend hasn't gotten a bit of fulfilling sleep since I flew back home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyfriend hasn't gotten a bit of fulfilling sleep since I flew back home?

It's so weird. Whenever I visited my boyfriend back in July we came back to his house to hang out. We both squished into his recliner and just took a small nap. That was the best nap and sleep I've ever had. Now ever since then, neither of us have really gotten any truly fulfilling sleep or rest. I think it's cause we realized how relaxed and secure we felt just napping next to each other and now it's thrown off our sleep. Until were together again well have to make do. This ever happen to you?

No. And if he is serious (he could be saying that just to make you happy) he should go to a doctor because that is definitely not normal.
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

We are the same way. Both of us are so much more relaxed and sleep so much better when we are together. We both go thru bouts of insomnia when we are part for the first few weeks
      We haven't found a cure and it eventually gets better
      everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Yeah, he needs to go to a doctor. He may have a sleeping condition that needs to be treated.

Comment

I don't think she is saying tht he can't sleep at all but that they sleep better together. I get that I sleep much better with my SO other also. Also we are much more tired and relaxed after a good night of love!

Comment

Originally posted by srtd35 View Post
            I don't think she is saying tht he can't sleep at all but that they sleep better together. I get that I sleep much better with my SO other also. Also we are much more tired and relaxed after a good night of love!
            Or there could be an underlying condition. It's better to be safe and go to a doctor.

Comment

Or he could just be exaggerating. All of your posts scream honeymoon phase and the whole "everything I do is so much better with you" which isn't bad but don't take it to mean something is actually wrong. Just sappy little comments.

Comment

Yeah, the few days after a visit my boyfriend and I can't sleep well at all. He says he wakes up a lot and "looks for me" in the middle of the night. I just have trouble getting relaxed enough. We just make do. We get better sleep when together but when we are apart we can still function properly, we just feel a little bit more tired.
                So, here you are
                too foreign for home
                too foreign for here.
                Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

The first few nights after I came back home my boyfriend and I had that problem too. Not that we can't sleep at all, but just that some nights either one or both of us can't fall asleep because we miss being cuddled or just in the other's presence. However this doesn't happen every night (maybe once/twice a week) and I we do get fulfilling sleep the majority of the time. As the others have said, this could be a sleeping disorder, or he is simply exaggerating to make you feel good. Talk to him about it, maybe. I know my boyfriend likes falling asleep if I'm on the phone with him, so maybe try that? Best wishes to you both
                  started dating: 12/08/12
                  "i love you": 04/12/13
                  el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                  montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                  el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                  montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                  el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                  el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                  el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                  san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                  san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

The smallest things throw off my sleeping. When my SO and I would part, I wouldn't sleep well for awhile. It's just part of readjusting.

Met online: 1/30/11
                    Met in person: 5/30/12
                    Second visit: 9/12/12
                    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

i think a lot of people would have to readjust after visiting again, but honestly... If this keeps up for month I really do recommend you to see a doctor. He most likely will just give your boyfriend sleeping pills, if that is necessary.
                      Even if he might be exageratting a little... it's better to be safe then to be sorry in the end. I think its better to treat sleeping problems as quick as possible, personally.
                      You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to readjust after a visit, and I myself have troubles with sleep for the first, what, two or three nights?

If memory serves well, the OP came back from her visit almost two months ago. So if he still can't sleep properly after all this time, something is wrong with him, or with his bed, or with the place he lives in.
                        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

My SO is like this. He went to the Dr. and was prescribed sleeping pills. He's a trucker and didn't want to take them, though. So his Dr. told him to change some things in his diet and he's been sleeping better since.

~

Comment

Working...
                          X