Dealing with no communcation ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with no communcation ....

So it has now been over a week since the last time I spoke with my partner and I'm starting to feel reallllllyyyy lonely

I know that he would call/ txt if he could (he has no phone reception) but it doesn't help

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this, I don't think I can survive another two weeks (or more) until he gets a chance to call

I don*t know what to tell you! I can totally understand and my SO is the kind of person who seems like he doesn*t want to talk everyday, just every 2-3 days and the days that I don*t speak to him seem awful!
    Can*t you two speak online? Or there isn*t any internet connection there either...
    Also, try sending him a classical letter by mail, maybe he will receive it soon and you can at least communicate a little and that will keep your spirit high.

Comment

He moves around for work and is only in the one spot for maybe 3 - 5 days at a time so snail mail letters won't work and as he is a rural contractor (traveling farm worker) there isn't any internet either I literally have no way of contacting him unless we happen to catch each other as they move between jobs and he gets reception on the highway.

This Sunday I'm driving to where they are based to drop some things off for him (I have just spoken with his bosses wife) and hoping that by some miracle we cross paths but I don't think it will happen

Comment

I'm sorry My only advice is to keep yourself busy and try to do things that are good for you. You can make or write things for him in the mean time that you can show, give, or send to him when he is settled. Sometimes it just helps to get your feelings down on paper.
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Can he not find an internet cafe or post office to drop you a letter?

Comment

I agree with Kittyo... Keeping yourself busy, so that the time goes by quicker and it doesn't seem such an eternity of no communication as it is right now. I really do understand that this must feel so awful D: A day with no contact already makes me crazy.

Maybe you can ask your friends or family who live nearby to help you out a little. Doing fun things with friends might distract you a little from all the thoughts in your mind right now.
            Anyway, I wish you the best of luck! You have already survived a week. You can do it!
            You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
              My only advice is to keep yourself busy and try to do things that are good for you.
              I agree with this. My SO gets really busy sometimes and cannot always talk to me when he wants to or when I need him to. To keep from going insane I have to find things to do. I would walk or write or game. Anything that kept my mind going. Right now I am searching for a job and that is consuming all of me. Lol

~

Comment

Originally posted by kacie View Post
                Can he not find an internet cafe or post office to drop you a letter?
                No he is working out in the outback .... hence the no reception.

I have been keeping myself busy with fun things but because we lived together for 18 months before he moved I keep finding myself wishing he was with me having fun... if that makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Claire-Louise View Post
                  No he is working out in the outback .... hence the no reception.

I have been keeping myself busy with fun things but because we lived together for 18 months before he moved I keep finding myself wishing he was with me having fun... if that makes sense...
                  It makes totally sense to me! I can understand that you miss him badly! Like look at me I am in an LDR with a man for over 3 months (we never saw each other, but we will meet in September) and I have the most beautiful connection with him. I don*t know if it*s love, but the days that we don*t speak (because he doesn*t seem to want to talk daily, only every 2-3 days and he has a fuller social life than I do and a more stressful job) are so hard to take! God, how I hate weekends now, because we never (or rarely text) get to talk on weekends, because that*s when he*s out with his friends (but I am glad he always tells me where he goes! ) and all I can wait is to be Sunday evening for us to have the best talk!!!
                  So Claire, be brave and keep counting down the days until you two will meet. I hope you two can meet (even for a short time) this weekend, when you said you will have to go to where he is based.
                  I believe love is like this! Love is hard, but it*s worth waiting and working for it!

Comment

Hey Claire,

Seeing as you're from my hometown (and our relationships started at the same time!) I thought I would reply and say just stay strong. I know it's tough- I'm kind of in your situation every couple of months (plus international distance) and I just keep myself busy. When I'm finding it really bad I tend to send emails knowing he won't get them til when he gets back, but it's something my SO likes and it helps me just talking about what I'm doing and what's going on in my life while we've been out of contact with each other.

I really see it as a frame of mind, and once you can control that it's not that hard. Plus, think how amazing it is when you get to speak again, you will have so much to talk about!

Comment

Hi Claire-Louise, it must be really hard for you! I was abroad for a month (hence no phone reception or internet) and it was so hard going from talking 24/7 to not talking at all. >_< What I did was "send" him messages and pictures over an IM app, so that they would actually send to him whenever I got WiFi for even a split second. Sometimes it wasn't long enough for him to reply and the time differences made it even more difficult, but the next time I got WiFi, I'd receive his replies and it really kept me going. You could try to do the same with text messages? Text him, so that they'll send whenever he's in a spot with reception, even if it's while he's moving between jobs. I'm sure he'll appreciate them and if he sends you a reply, it'll hopefully arrive eventually. I know it won't be perfect, and it'll still be very hard, but any communication is better than none, right?

Another thing you could do is keep a blog, or email him, writing about your thoughts and feelings about your relationship, what you miss about him the most, your favourite memories ... it might sound funny, but somehow, it seems to make me miss my SO a little less. Well, that's a lie ... I miss him just as much, but it makes it that little bit easier to bear, because instead of focusing on all the negatives and the lack of communication, your mind is redirected to happier times and the fact that you'll be able to see each other again soon. What's more, you could show your SO these little entries and I'm sure they'd put a smile on his face! ^_^

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon! Stay strong! *huggles*

Comment

Working...
                      X