Long Distance advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Distance advice

HI guys I hope everyone one is doing good.

I'm new to the website hope you guys can give me advice and cheer me up a bit. Yesterday me and my SO embarked in a long distance relationship she went away for college. I thought I had prepare my self for it but as the day came closer I started to break down emotionally. We love each other very much we have plan to start our own family once we are done with school. But it just hurts so much knowing I won't have her close. Everytime we been down or depressed we been there for each other in a heartbeat to comfort one another. I'm just affraid that the distance and college will make her change her feelings about our relationship that's my biggest fear. I hope you guys can advice me on how to keep the relationship strong and things to do and tell me that everything will be ok. Thanks

Welcome to LFAD!

The most important thing, in my opinion, is to remember to communicate. Make sure you are both on the same page with how each of you are doing, and how the relationship is progressing. Another important thing is putting in effort to do that communication, and spend time with each other. If it's easier, maybe schedule skype dates, or what times are best to talk on the phone, or even when to text, whatever works for you both. It's also really important to trust each other. If you don't trust each other, and are constantly worrying, you're going to have a difficult time. This is my second LDR, and from experience I know that in my first one, the things I mentioned above were non-existent. If you need anything at all, feel free to make another post, or even PM me. Everyone here is wonderful and has helped me and others a whole bunch. Best wishes to you both!
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Her feelings may change or your feelings may change. You don't know whats going to happen BUT you shouldn't sit around worrying about it. Enjoy your relationship for what it i and take it day by day.

Comment

Working...
      X