Change of plans. .SO is moving here!:D Once we find him a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of plans. .SO is moving here!:D Once we find him a job

Well things didn't work out with his previous job so he said there's nothing keeping him there in New Mexico anymore. So once we can find him a good job and place to live. . He's driving up here. He is looking for anything that has to do with horses or ministry jobs. He's been emailing people and so have I. I pray we find him a job!

Good luck!
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Hey that's some pretty good news! I pray everything works out for ya'll!
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Congrats! Just knowing that the distance will soon be over must be a huge breath of fresh air. Excited for you!

Comment

Things are starting to look up. Some employers he's contacted have replied to his job inquiries and one even asked him to apply to get an interview. Question, do people do phone or Skype interviews? Since he's down there for now he can't exactly be interviewed in person. This place said he sounded like a great candidate for the job so I'm crossing my fingers that God Wills him to get this job. He needs the money and it'll be a great start for him here.

Comment

where are you in NC again? There are tons of horse jobs. And i know of many ministry camp type places.
            Good luck!
            everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

He's out of work now, right?

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to come visit and stay with you or a friend while looking for a job? I think it would be very difficult to impossible to find something without going there at least for an interview.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

He's paying rent towards a guy who's sharing his house with him. He doesn't want to have to pay a chunk of rent again before he leaves. It'll just drain his savings. I don't know anyone he can stay with. The job Sounds promising and it pays very well. If they want him for the job they'll take any interview they can get. He's anxious to start working with horses again soon too but for now he just needs a job to make some money.

Comment

I'm in the central part of NC. We don't have room at our house for him to stay and my parents wouldn't go for that. He's contacted lots of stables that advertised on craigs list and some have emailed him back. This job is full-time which is what he needs.

Comment

Originally posted by katiecat08 View Post
                    If they want him for the job they'll take any interview they can get.
                    I'm not sure it works quite like that. The burden is on the applicant to apply and be available for the interview however they want it to happen, unless they're very nice and willing to accommodate him if he has extreme conditions that prevent him from doing it.

I work in HR. If we get an interesting application/resume and call the person and they're like "I'm very busy/I can't make it down there/it's Skype or nothing" we'd be telling them to piss off. With the economic situation and the number of unemployed people out there, it's not a stretch that they might find another candidate very soon.
                    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                      I'm not sure it works quite like that. The burden is on the applicant to apply and be available for the interview however they want it to happen, unless they're very nice and willing to accommodate him if he has extreme conditions that prevent him from doing it.

I work in HR. If we get an interesting application/resume and call the person and they're like "I'm very busy/I can't make it down there/it's Skype or nothing" we'd be telling them to piss off. With the economic situation and the number of unemployed people out there, it's not a stretch that they might find another candidate very soon.
                      I agree with this. I think it's highly unlikely that a place would actively pursue having someone work for them who can't make it to an interview. They'd just hire someone else who can.

Comment

Working...
                      X