I'm scared.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm scared.

I've been with my boyfriend for over 8 months. In all that time, we've never had an actual argument. We've been so happy with each other and felt so close the entire time. Until last night. It wasn't even an actual argument, though. Basically what happened is I got upset, and he shut down. I had waited 2 extra hours for him to get home (during that time was only one vague, quick, phone call where he said he'd call back but didn't). At this point it was almost 3 in the morning. I was exhausted, he was exhausted, things were very tense and silent. This is not normal at all for us. His reasons for being late were very vague and just didn't make any sense, so that's why I got upset. He's lied in the past (about nothing serious) and we calmly talked it out and it was all resolved. This time he just shut down and didn't say anything. He said he was sorry he made me feel upset, and he knows why I'm upset, but he didn't deny that he was lying about something. I don't know how to resolve this from our distance, and I am terrified. I don't know how things could've gone from being amazing that morning, to "what happened to us" in about 12 hours. Any advice about how to talk to him about this would be great, or ways that I can calm down and think about this clearly. Thanks a bunch.
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

I'd say calmly bring it back up again when you've both had some sleep and are not exhausted anymore. Exhaustion will do terrible things to people and miscommunications happen so much more if you are mentally checked out.
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I agree with Ejoriah, it could be that you were both exhausted and gave off wrong vibes. Give him a chance to explain things and hear him out before you jump to conclusions.
      “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Your making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be. Yes, he was vauge, the moment was intense, but that doesn't mean something happened with you guys.

Talk to him.

Comment

Working...
        X