Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a silly question for everybody...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a silly question for everybody...

How many of you choked your sweetie on something the first time you said 'I love you' to them? And what did you choke them with?

Mine had already said 'I love you' to me several times, but I was nervous about saying it back. One night he had said it to me over the phone and I wasn't aware he was eating cereal by the time I got up the courage to ask him: How would you react if I said 'I love you too'?

His answer to me was him coughing and choking on a spoonfull of Trix...

So what are your stories?

I'm a newbie here so if I need to put this in another area, please let me know. Thanks

I'm confused... sorry, there was a thread recently about a serious issue. Do you mean "have you ever made your sweetie choke up?" rather than.... have you ever choked your sweetie? or... do you really mean have you ever make your sweetie choke on something? Just trying to understand.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

What I meant was 'have you acidentally made your sweetie choke on something'. I had shocked mine by asking how he would react if I told him I loved him, and that was why he started coughing over the phone. Sorry about the confusion.

Comment

Well I dunno, not everyone was eating something the first time they heard "I love you" from their SO.

Comment

True. I was just curious lol. A friend of mine had a similar experience and I was wondering who else did too.

Comment

The first time my SO told me he loved me was in a phone call. He was having a bad night (sudden bout of depression + missing me) and I called him to see if I could help make him feel better. That was the only time I ever heard him cry. He said it to me first.

The only time we choke on food is when we make each other laugh while over a meal... we try not to do that ^^
            So, here you are
            too foreign for home
            too foreign for here.
            Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I've heard David (my sweetie) cry before too. It always breaks my heart to hear him cry. But we laugh a whole heck of a lot lol. We try to talk every night. He refuses to eat while we're on the phone most of the time because he doesn't want to choke again lol!

Comment

Well... Honestly I however couldn't say it yet due to issues but when I did I was so shy after.. lol

Comment

Lol me too! I'm over it now though!

Comment

There were times I wanted to choke my SO...?

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                      There were times I wanted to choke my SO...?
                      Crap. That was gonna be my answer
                      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Nope. Can't say either of us were eating when the first I love yous happened.

Met online: 1/30/11
                        Met in person: 5/30/12
                        Second visit: 9/12/12
                        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X