Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't want the summer to end (pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't want the summer to end (pictures)

I had to say goodbye to Jason this morning. It's hard to think that just 12h ago we were still all snuggled sleepily on my twin-sized bed. He left pretty much 20 minutes after we woke up. I walked him to his car and picked up some items I had left in there (a water bottle and sunglasses) and then I hugged him... it suddenly hit me that I did not know when the next time I would get to hug him would be. I stayed by the car while he got inside and set up the GPS for the long (10h) drive back home, and since we couldn't hear each other as the windows were up, he signed "I love you" which made me smile. He smiled too and then I stepped back so he could drive off. I couldn't bring myself to walk away from him. I started walking away back to my apartment as he drove off, so we were both moving and not leaving the other behind... that's always tough to do.

We grew so much this summer. He insists that, even though he is the one to pay rent on it, his apartment is "our" apartment, and it is "our" bed, "our" kitchen, etc. It really does feel that way too. I feel at home at our place, and while I like my new apartment here as well, living with a housemate is obviously a lot different! I found her on craigslist so while she's very nice she's not exactly a friend, so I can't really ask her to help cheer me up.

I miss our cat, that scrawny little thing we brought home from the barn and who turned out to be such a goof. She plays fetch! She doesn't mind getting picked up, kinda goes limp in your arms when you do. And she loves snuggling up on my chest and just purr the day away. She kept me company while Jason was at work, and now I get to miss the both of them. I'm glad he gets to keep the cat so the apartment isn't completely empty, though.

It was a wonderful summer, and now it's back to the grind with classes and work starting tomorrow. While I am looking forward to both, it's still tough to see the positives when I have to go back to the LD routine again. I don't know yet when our next visit will be. It scares me, this uncertainty. I mean we will definitely see each other at Thanksgiving (end of November) but I don't want to wait that long. I know I've been spoiled that the longest we've gone between visits has been a month.. I don't want that to change.

To end on a good note though, here are some pictures.

Our last evening in Texas, before going on our last date:

He actually wanted to take this one, which was sweet of him:

This one was a candid because we were giggling at... something:

And the flash blinded us, but I think we're still cute.]

Here I am with our Little Monster Domino:

Little Monster sleeping on my lap:
    Last edited by Ejoriah; August 26, 2013, 06:17 PM.
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

IS there something wrong with my internet? OR your photos are actually not visible :O

Comment

Originally posted by SeeRat View Post
      IS there something wrong with my internet? OR your photos are actually not visible :O
      Nope,not you're net. I can't see them either. O.o

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
      Back Together: August 1,2012
      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
      Engaged: January 17,2013
      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

I cant see the photos either
        Made it official: 12-01-10
        First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
        Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Dido, thought it was just my internet.

Comment

Same for me. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun and made a lot of lovely memories together though! Glad you had a good visit! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Comment

That's weird, the photos are visible for me! I'll see if I can host them elsewhere and edit my post!
              So, here you are
              too foreign for home
              too foreign for here.
              Never enough for both.

Comment

Yay i can see now! Cuties
                Made it official: 12-01-10
                First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
                Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Aww nice pictures! I'm glad you had a great summer visit with him! I just came back from a summer with my boyfriend (7 weeks together) on Saturday and am bummed about it. It likely won't be until he graduates in 2 years when I'll be there again since we can't guarantee a visit will happen this next summer but hopefully summer 2015.. which sucks but we are building a future for ourselves so one day we can be together and never have to be long distance again and not have to struggle as well, and also hopefully not leave our families, especially since he only has one family member left because his family is really broken.. divorce and other nasty things.. it's so hard. and we're international. not moaning though. It really didn't help that me leaving and coming back has fallen around the time of the month where the hormones and things tend to make females more emotional and things! (period/PMS) at least I brought chocolate back to help.. and can video call with him. And in a week I will be starting the university year.

Anyways this ain't about me, your pictures are great and I hope time flies until your next visit whether it be at Thanksgiving or sooner!

Comment

I can relate to the whole hormone thing. He left right during that time of the month for me too... and then I got a migraine which kept going all of yesterday (migraine + extreme heat + 4h of class + work orientation = very unhappy Ejoriah!) but just being able to call him and hear his voice helps.
                    So, here you are
                    too foreign for home
                    too foreign for here.
                    Never enough for both.

Comment

YAY.. I can see photos now... Beautiful pictures.. I particularly like the one in which you two are giggling...

Comment

Beautiful pictures
                        I'm sure they will help you through the time you're not together
                        We can do this!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                        Married: 1/24/2015
                        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
                          I can relate to the whole hormone thing. He left right during that time of the month for me too... and then I got a migraine which kept going all of yesterday (migraine + extreme heat + 4h of class + work orientation = very unhappy Ejoriah!) but just being able to call him and hear his voice helps.
                          Aww not you too. I'm glad you can relate. That does not sound like fun. It's hard enough leaving let alone with anything else that comes up! Being able to call him and hear his voice definitely would help. Right now I'm waiting for my Chris to come online so I can talk to him.. I just woke up a little while ago. He must be out or maybe fixing something to eat.

Comment

This is precious! I'm glad you had a good time
                            And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Comment

Thank you all for your kind comments! I am currently waiting for him to do a little photoshop work on that first picture of us so it is a little bit more visible. I am hopeless with anything involving photo manipulation but he has to use photoshop for his job sometimes so he actually knows what he's doing... But he's so busy I feel bad asking when he finally gets home
                              So, here you are
                              too foreign for home
                              too foreign for here.
                              Never enough for both.

Comment

Working...
                              X