Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't want the summer to end (pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaand we have a date! September 26, so just over a month since I last saw him.
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
      Yay! That is awesome! Enjoy your time together!!

Comment

That*s so nice! That means he is so into you! Great pictures and I wish you all the best!
        My boyfriend and I will meet each other for the first time in about 2 weeks and I am such a mess menthally - I feel excitement, fear, happiness, anxiety at the same time. I feel like crying and laughing at the same time!!!! One minute I am positive and the next I am being negative, thinking he will not like me or I will do something stupid out of shyness and we will have to end our relationship .... that has never happened to me. Is this how you girls felt for the first time meetting????

Comment

Originally posted by alizee View Post
          That*s so nice! That means he is so into you! Great pictures and I wish you all the best!
          My boyfriend and I will meet each other for the first time in about 2 weeks and I am such a mess menthally - I feel excitement, fear, happiness, anxiety at the same time. I feel like crying and laughing at the same time!!!! One minute I am positive and the next I am being negative, thinking he will not like me or I will do something stupid out of shyness and we will have to end our relationship .... that has never happened to me. Is this how you girls felt for the first time meetting????
          Aww don't worry, that's normal. I remember feeling a combination of nerves and excitement meeting my boyfriend for the first time too. It was just over a year since we met online that we met in person. We had skyped/video chatted a lot before and he had said things that made me reassured for the most part that he was a good person and all but I remember I was still scared and excited. I think I showed the excitement most on the day of my flight, I just wanted to get going and get on the flight and see him. Then when I finally saw him after the long flight and a mix-up because my phone didn't work in the UK and I thought it would.. and then a long taxi ride..and then meeting him, it was perfect and he opened his arms to hug me right away so we felt comfortable right away.

Comment

Originally posted by squeeker View Post
            Aww don't worry, that's normal. I remember feeling a combination of nerves and excitement meeting my boyfriend for the first time too. It was just over a year since we met online that we met in person. We had skyped/video chatted a lot before and he had said things that made me reassured for the most part that he was a good person and all but I remember I was still scared and excited. I think I showed the excitement most on the day of my flight, I just wanted to get going and get on the flight and see him. Then when I finally saw him after the long flight and a mix-up because my phone didn't work in the UK and I thought it would.. and then a long taxi ride..and then meeting him, it was perfect and he opened his arms to hug me right away so we felt comfortable right away.
            I am so glad I am normal, because there are many things running in my mind right now and I am telling you they are not very positive!!!! I guess that is the way the human mind works - it thinks firstly at the negative and I have never experienced that!!!! I also worry that he might be shorter than me, but I like him so and wow it*s so hard menthally!!! I can*t even focus on my job !!!!

Comment

I am so glad I am normal, because there are many things running in my mind right now and I am telling you they are not very positive!!!! I guess that is the way the human mind works - it thinks firstly at the negative and I have never experienced that!!!! I also worry that he might be shorter than me, but I like him so and wow it*s so hard menthally!!! I can*t even focus on my job !!!!
              Yeah I think that's how the human mind works. Don't worry about whether he'll be shorter than you or not. Once you develop feelings for each other online and at least have video chatted with each other a few times and things, and once in person you will realize the person is the same person and it'll be okay even if it's a bit different than you expect (like I did realize my boyfriend looked more "3D" in person.. he also wasn't much different in height, and we thought there was going to be a larger difference because we both -especially me- were not accurate in how tall we thought we were. We didn't lie.. just hadn't properly measured ourselves in a long time. We are about the same height, he is a few inches taller). I realized pretty quick he was the same person he was online and when he hugged me right away it all helped me feel more comfortable right away. Depending how long you have known him and how much you talk on video chat already, may determine how quickly you become comfortable. But if it doesn't happen right away it should happen soon after, you will be okay.

Comment

Yeah I think that's how the human mind works. Don't worry about whether he'll be shorter than you or not. Once you develop feelings for each other online and at least have video chatted with each other a few times and things, and once in person you will realize the person is the same person and it'll be okay even if it's a bit different than you expect (like I did realize my boyfriend looked more "3D" in person.. he also wasn't much different in height, and we thought there was going to be a larger difference because we both -especially me- were not accurate in how tall we thought we were. We didn't lie.. just hadn't properly measured ourselves in a long time. We are about the same height, he is a few inches taller). I realized pretty quick he was the same person he was online and when he hugged me right away it all helped me feel more comfortable right away. Depending how long you have known him and how much you talk on video chat already, may determine how quickly you become comfortable. But if it doesn't happen right away it should happen soon after, you will be okay.
                We haven*t video chatted at all. We talked for one month on IM, and then on the phone - voice and texts messages, as we are in the same country and it*s the same phone operator and we have many free minutes to call. But we exchanged pictures of each other and that is why I worry a little he might be shorter than me. But pictures distort reality so I am trying to be positive about it, though sometimes it*s hard!!!! I hope when we meet, just like you, all the physical aspects don*t matter, because we developed a great connection during these 4 months!!!!
                Just like you I hope we are just about the same height - I am 5`8`` and I am thinking he is at least 5`7``!!!!

Comment

I wasn't nervous when my SO drove all the way up here... we had met two years prior as friends (and had been online friends for even longer) and we had gotten along really well, so I was just waiting for him to get there and seeing what happened - I was impatient, but I wasn't worried about anything. He, on the other hand, spent the entire 12h drive worrying about what would/wouldn't happen. So different people deal with things differently that's normal considering how big of an event it is! You've invested so much time on that person, and now you finally get to meet them in person! That's exciting.
                  So, here you are
                  too foreign for home
                  too foreign for here.
                  Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

We haven*t video chatted at all. We talked for one month on IM, and then on the phone - voice and texts messages, as we are in the same country and it*s the same phone operator and we have many free minutes to call. But we exchanged pictures of each other and that is why I worry a little he might be shorter than me. But pictures distort reality so I am trying to be positive about it, though sometimes it*s hard!!!! I hope when we meet, just like you, all the physical aspects don*t matter, because we developed a great connection during these 4 months!!!!
                    Just like you I hope we are just about the same height - I am 5`8`` and I am thinking he is at least 5`7``!!!!
                    Aww well if you've developed that connection and seen pictures and things and both of you have been as truthful as you can, you should be fine. I'm sure the height difference won't be far off if it is at all. It's good you can talk a lot on the phone and get free minutes. My boyfriend and had to use voice or video chat on the computer because we're international. I'm sure you're just worrying for nothing really. He is probably having similar irrational thoughts. But then you'll meet and don't be afraid to hug or whatever you want because if one of you makes the first move then it can lessen a lot of awkwardness because both of you might be waiting for someone to make the first move.. I don't know how confident you both would be in the situation. But I'm sure it'll work out great.

I wasn't nervous when my SO drove all the way up here... we had met two years prior as friends (and had been online friends for even longer) and we had gotten along really well, so I was just waiting for him to get there and seeing what happened - I was impatient, but I wasn't worried about anything. He, on the other hand, spent the entire 12h drive worrying about what would/wouldn't happen. So different people deal with things differently that's normal considering how big of an event it is! You've invested so much time on that person, and now you finally get to meet them in person! That's exciting.
                    Aww that reminds me of how my boyfriend told me he was worrying my whole flight and especially after my flight landed and he couldn't get a hold of me right away because my phone didn't work. I think he said his stomach almost "knotted up" or so it felt.. I think if someone had been comparing us then he'd probably have been more nervous than me.. and thinking of it I think I can see a few reasons why, one being I was the one flying so I was in the plane and knew I was okay and I knew he was okay because he was at his home. But he was at his home and he knew I was flying but he couldn't know or see I was okay. And the other one being that he has worse anxiety than me in general. He has OCD and PTSD and it's what's has stopped him so far from coming to see me, but we are working on that. He has finally been able to start getting some counseling.. which he tried before but had to stop because things were still bad for him.. anyways it all worked out good still even when people are anxious.

Anxiety is horrible most of the time though because it can cloud our memory and make us more unable to determine if something is okay or not. Or sometimes it's the inability to make decisions that causes anxiety.

Comment

I feel your pain, even reading this almost makes me tear up because I know how you feel...stay strong <3 lovely pictures!!

Comment

Aww well if you've developed that connection and seen pictures and things and both of you have been as truthful as you can, you should be fine. I'm sure the height difference won't be far off if it is at all. It's good you can talk a lot on the phone and get free minutes. My boyfriend and had to use voice or video chat on the computer because we're international. I'm sure you're just worrying for nothing really. He is probably having similar irrational thoughts. But then you'll meet and don't be afraid to hug or whatever you want because if one of you makes the first move then it can lessen a lot of awkwardness because both of you might be waiting for someone to make the first move.. I don't know how confident you both would be in the situation. But I'm sure it'll work out great.
                        Thank you for all your positive thoughts!!!! I really need to hear that, as I am menthal wreck right now! There are so many thoughts going in my mind right now, and the biggest fear of all is that something will go wrong between us and we will have to part!!! I wouldn*t want that to happen because I got used to having him in my life and I would really want us to get a chance to build something great.
                        As for the connection, I can feel it being there and I think he feels the same way too. I don*t know what his thoughts are on our soon to be meeting, but I guess he is also excited/ nervous/ anxious, as he*s also human, right??? .... i am so stressed right now that I can*t even concentrate at work, but I don*t think he is such a menthal wreck like me, because he seems calm, laid back and he*s a man, and they say men are not that emotional ...

Comment

Aww, I love your pictures !! Hope the weeks fly by fast for you two.
                          (And is it just me or does your SO really look a lot like Vince Vaughn ? )

Comment

Working...
                          X