I am in a long distance relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in a long distance relationship

I found this website one day and found it to be very helpful. I am in a long distance relationship, and it really has not been easy. Definitely worth it but the loneliness of knowing the love of my life is almost 300 miles away in another state has been hard. Yet, I can't picture my life without him in it because I know I've met the guy I'm going to marry. He's truly my best friend and put simply, he just gets me. My weird habits, my craziness, my moodiness, he just accepts me as I am and even when I'm being stubborn or mean, he still loves me. And I love and accept him just as he is as well.

This site has given me a lot of great ideas to try with him, and its given me great advice Thanks Michelle and Frank for starting this and for giving all of us that are in long distance relationships the faith that, even with distance, lasting love is possible.
    sigpic

Awwwwe, that was a sweet read.

Welcome!
    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
    became official: 28.03.11
    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Welcome to the forums! How you described your relationship with your SO is very similar to mine! I know my SO is the guy I want to spend my life with. He accepts me for who I am. <3
      This website has been very helpful to me. Being LD is hard and hurts so bad sometimes, but it's worth it. <3
      Good luck to you and your SO!

Comment

Thank you, I wish you and yours the best too
        sigpic

Comment

What keeps me going is that I know the distance won't always be an issue, that one day (hopefully soon) he'll be here with me
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jamjam_7 View Post
            What keeps me going is that I know the distance won't always be an issue, that one day (hopefully soon) he'll be here with me
            You have a good outlook on your relationship, it's nice to see. Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Well he means the world to me, and I'd rather have him from a distance than not at all
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Originally posted by jamjam_7 View Post
                  Well he means the world to me, and I'd rather have him from a distance than not at all
                  I couldn't agree with you more on that statement!

Comment

Working...
                  X