No announcement yet.

We're on a break...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really sad to hear this but of course, I'm with everyone else on agreeing that you need to look out for YOU. I hope for nothing but the best for you.

Met online: 1/30/11
    Met in person: 5/30/12
    Second visit: 9/12/12
    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I wish you the best of luck on whatever way you choose to go from here on!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I nearly broke down and reached out to him last night when I couldn't sleep... then, instead, I tortured myself with photos from our last visit, then I found some pictures I hadn't seen before so I did reach out to him, and I feel so stupid... He said he'd seen those pictures before... So I said sorry and good night and he said nothing else... I hate how weak I am...

At 2am I got woken up by a text, I looked at my phone and I swear it said I got a picture/mms message from him... but when I opened up the message thread there were no new messages... This happened another time we weren't talking and he said he'd never sent anything... so now I think I am crazy and I am making up these text message notifications in my head.... This time I didn't ask him if he'd sent me anything...
        First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Maybe you should just delete his number off of your phone. Write it down and lock it in a safe until october comes around.
          Made it official: 12-01-10
          First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
          Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I removed his contact from my phone. I'm thinking if he doesn't contact me first, then I can always send him an email in October... Such a strange feeling... I'm really losing my best friend... We're still Facebook friends... right now, I'm thinking it can stay like that... He NEVER updates his Facebook so it's not like I can Facebook stalk him... if I find myself tempted to send him something via Facebook, then I'll unfriend or even maybe block him... but for now the texting is the big temptation because it just was too easy...
            First met online: June, 2010
            First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
            Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Third visit together: August, 2012
            Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
            Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
            Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

If you feel the urge to text him, text me first and I can talk you out of it.
              I can't imagine what you're going through, but just know you aren't alone.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I know the feeling of telling yourself not to contact him, but being so tempted... Really sorry you're going through this. But you've made a really good decision and I hope it works out the way you want it to. If you don't want to get back together, then don't let anything force you into it. You're such a strong person, and you deserve so much more than this. Wish you all the best

Comment

So sorry to hear that
                  It reminds me a bit of my last serious relationship. It wasn't LD but from what it sounds like, it was similar to what you experienced. My bf at the time didn't know what he wanted basically, even after a year of dating. And after trying to avoid a break up, I realized that I deserved someone who knew what he wanted - me! And of course it was tough, but it's just like you said it helped me grow and it's a part of life.

Allow yourself what you need to heal. Don't deny yourself emotional mourning. It helps you get past it so much faster.

hang in there <3
                  sigpic
                  Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
                  Our first LDR ~ August 2009
                  Closed the distance ~ January 2011
                  He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
                  Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
                  He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
                  Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
                  Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope whatever is best turns out. How are you feeling now?

Comment

Darlin' I'm sooooo sorry to read about this!! If things don't work out by October, consider it a personal growth experience -- something that has made you stronger and more empowered about yourself. Hang in there!
                      February 2012 -- met online
                      August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                      April 2013 -- met in person
                      June 2013 -- broke up
                      July 2013 -- back together
                      August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                      October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                      April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Working...
                      X