No announcement yet.

Share that ONE memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally I wrote this whole big post, about when I had to leave my SO, and it was a really emotional morning for us both. But I've already shared that one on here. So I thought I'd share another one, not a real 'big' moment, but still, pretty emotional for me, because I've always been very insecure. I don't really recall when this was, but it was at some point during my visit to Texas, and we were laying on his bedroom floor (there is no furniture, even now, aha) and I guess something had triggered a bit of a breakdown for me, and I was talking about how I was unhappy with my little stomach, how all the girls there are so pretty, etc. All those stupid things. Joe hugged me tight and said "I fell in love with this face, this stomach, these legs, everything. You are perfect and don't need to change." I love him for all the amazingly sweet things he says to me. I could go on forever with my list but that would probably bore you guys, ahah.
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

We share so many wonderful memories that often play up in my mind it's hard to choose.

Our first night together, we were so tired from all the excitement we fell asleep while kissing, quite literally. It was very sweet and natural. I knew we had a very special thing going on. He was so touched by it he later wrote poems about it.

And one of the nicest things he did for me was when he skipped breakfast and went to work hungry to let me have the last cup of milk left for my cereals. We both really love to eat this gets me teary eyed every time I think of it.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Waking up next to my SO was the most surreal, unforgetting moment I've experienced since meeting him. The first time I met him we didn't share a bed or anything and I was living with my mother, so it was about one and a half years before I got the chance to wake up next to him. It was so comforting seeing him there sleeping like an angel (he's more of a tyrant so it was a rare sight indeed). When he opened his eyes and made the recognition that I was there too, he just wrapped his arms around me and dragged me to his chest and gave me a bone crushing hug. I don't think I've ever been that happy or content with life before

I also really cherish all of our adventures together through the forest! This one time, we sat on a log in this alcove of trees and watched the river rush by us. He was sitting behind me with his hands wrapped around my waist while looking over my shoulder. Him and I are not very romantic but the scenery sort of called for it.

Comment

One of my favorite moments was during our first visit, we went up to her room to "un pack" my stuff and I had bought her a ring so I decided to give it her then. And when she took it and put it on her finger, she looked at me and said "I'm gonna kiss you now." and she did. It was our first kiss and it swept me off my feet. Her kisses never get old!!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
          Married April 18th, 2015!!
          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

It was during a visit in the summer of 2011. We had just gotten engaged and I basically had the best visit EVER, it was so awesome, but it was coming to end. We were in the car driving to his parents' place from somewhere (I think we were in Turku but I don't remember why) and I was feeling a bit sad so I guess I had shut off a little. So he stopped the car in the middle of nowhere and pulled me into his arms and we stayed like that for a moment and he told me not to be sad.
            I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

The memory that makes me smile the most when I think back upon it was during our first visit.
              We were at Cabelas walking around and talking about what we thought when we first saw each other. He told me I am perfect and much better than he ever imagined and that Skype adds a lot of weight cause I didn't look as heavy as he expected me to be and then he told me that my crooked teeth looks charming in real life and kissed it :3

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

^ I know it's not my place to say this, but I feel compelled to anyway: That sounds a bit harsh and not all that romantic. I mean, what's romantic about him basically saying "I'm glad you're not as fat as I thought you were, and your crooked teeth aren't so bad after all"? :/
                I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                  ^ I know it's not my place to say this, but I feel compelled to anyway: That sounds a bit harsh and not all that romantic. I mean, what's romantic about him basically saying "I'm glad you're not as fat as I thought you were, and your crooked teeth aren't so bad after all"? :/
                  mmm...yeah, sorry, this. x100.
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Gosh Darn it. Reading all the posts makes me realize how much I miss my SO. that feeling when you don't want to cry but you can feel tears coming up :'(
                    ANyway,

ONE memory will be this one (there's so much to choose from gosh) :

Back in February 2013 I went to Visit my SO , she lives a 3 hour 50 min train journey from the Capital of the country (of which I got a flight to) and since it was my first time using public transport on my own where English is not their first language I got lost. First of all my plane was delayed (and that made me miss my Train my SO had booked for me) so I had to find the right train again. Well, I was on a first train and an hour after I got on the Driver asked me where I was going and it turns out I was on the WRONG train! so I had to take another HOUR going to the main train station in Copenhagen, there I met this nice woman who was also lost and we were looking for the same train. ANYWAYS long story short, we both helped each other. I FINALLY got to the station where my SO was waiting at, almost 5 hours LATE xD. (4am)
                    When We finally saw each other, we both ran like in the movies and I picked her up and did a spin while the STAFF members on the Train were like "AWWWWWWWH" and clapping :')
                    I'll never forget that night.

I feel like I've wrote a long ass story xD

Comment

All those stories are very sweet some brought tears to my eyes.

There are many memories that stand out to me, but really our first visit was so so special... he went to campus with me and grabbed my hand on the way to the bus stop (we were in a murky "had spent the night together, have feelings for each other but unsure if we want to actually be in a relationship because of the distance" zone) and then went to one of my classes with me - one of those classes in a huge auditorium with 300+ people so no one would notice an additional person. Well that day we were actually watching a documentary about apes (yes, it was relevant to the class lol) so the lights dimmed... and he grabbed my hand. That simple gesture took me by surprise and apparently, from what he tells me, I was grinning madly throughout this documentary that mentioned, among other things, ape testicles.

Did you know that chimpanzee testicles are proportionally bigger than human testicles?
                      So, here you are
                      too foreign for home
                      too foreign for here.
                      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
                        All those stories are very sweet some brought tears to my eyes.

There are many memories that stand out to me, but really our first visit was so so special... he went to campus with me and grabbed my hand on the way to the bus stop (we were in a murky "had spent the night together, have feelings for each other but unsure if we want to actually be in a relationship because of the distance" zone) and then went to one of my classes with me - one of those classes in a huge auditorium with 300+ people so no one would notice an additional person. Well that day we were actually watching a documentary about apes (yes, it was relevant to the class lol) so the lights dimmed... and he grabbed my hand. That simple gesture took me by surprise and apparently, from what he tells me, I was grinning madly throughout this documentary that mentioned, among other things, ape testicles.

Did you know that chimpanzee testicles are proportionally bigger than human testicles?
                        that's such a sweet SO you have :') him going with you .

that last part made me laugh xD your humor is kinda like my SO's hahaha
                        and well, no I never thought about their testicle size ahhha

Comment

all of this is too romantic too handle, makes me tear up

Mine is the first time he said he loved me. I was incredibly down and we were in bed cuddling and all of a sudden he tries to sleep with me and it wasn't sexual if anyone get's what I mean, anyway halfway through he says "Look at me", I look him straight in the eyes and he said "I love you" - "I love you too" - "I know".
                          Afterwards I asked why the sex and he said "I just wanted to be close to you".
                          This memory seriously makes me melt every time. The most romantic memory I have. Most intense as well.

Comment

and now you have me watching my favourite wedding video of people I don't even know again. (Friend of a friend on fb who is tagged in it)

Comment

Working...
                            X