honeymoon phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honeymoon phase

I think my SO and I were losing the spark of our LDR.. In short honeymoon phase is over.. We still talk and all but it feels like something had change or maybe something was gone.. What should we do to get back to the way before?

Your relationship is evolving. That 'spark' won't last forever. The butterflies will be replaced with flatulence and you just have to learn to adapt and love him even when the new and exciting wears off.

Comment

I agree with snow_girl. Relationships evolve. You grow and change. Me and my SO are getting out of the honeymoon phase for sure (approaching 6 months) but we're growing. Our bond is deepening and getting stronger everyday. He still gives me butterflies and the spark is there. But I love how we're growing as individuals and as a couple. <3 it's an awesome thing!

Comment

Personally, I loved when my SO and I left the honeymoon phase. The butterflies and all of that were exciting, sure, but it's also somewhat nerve wracking! A lot of couples don't make it out of the honeymoon phase so you should just embrace it as a good thing. It signifies that you two are growing and becoming more comfortable with each other. You'll learn about each other a lot more in the coming months and your love will most likely become even deeper. The spark is still there! It's just turning into an ember now, slow and burning. It's nice Congratulations, btw.

Comment

yep, what they said. You have to realize the fireworks can't last forever. But in it's place there's comfort and companionship, and all sorts of great things. Personally, I love this part of the relationship. It's when I truly start to feel safe and loved

Met online: 1/30/11
          Met in person: 5/30/12
          Second visit: 9/12/12
          Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

All of the above. Me and my SO have been together for a year and month now. It's just something normal that happens in every relationship. You should see it as a good thing,not an end.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
            Back Together: August 1,2012
            First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
            Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
            Engaged: January 17,2013
            Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
            Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
            We Got Married! - July 3,2014
            SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
            Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Every time me and my SO meet again for real it's like we fall in love all over again..
              A year in my previous CD relationship we kind of lost all of the spark but were just happy together.. Now every 2 months or so I get the butterflies all over again, every single time!

Comment

If you continue to grow together, there'll be many more honeymoon phases, you will go through them as you go through relationship milestones. I find it's a cycle rather than something that happened and is gone for good.
                But you both have to be open with each other, understanding and willing to stick together.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I am not sure if this is something that per definition passes, but it always helped me to be creative and send him stuff.
                  Because the art usually involved sweet messages I was forced to think about our love and I think that really kept it alive.
                  Having that said; I haven't passed the 6 months of LDR yet, so it might end.
                  "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

If you're still talking and there is nothing bad going on in your relationship, all it takes sometimes is a few nice words.
                    I remember the first time I thought our relationship had changed and it was going downwards: he noticed I was acting different and knew I needed some reassuring words, so what he did was to great me in a very sweet way and flirt a little with me, make me feel like I was special and I knew things were alright.

I do the same to him, I greet him calling him handsome or sexy and then making a couple compliments. It works wonders

Yes, the honeymoon phase passes, when real life interfers, but there's nothing wrong with trying to relive it at times. Show him affection and he'll show some in return

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

The "something" that you feel like has gone will probably be that feeling of newness and uncertainty ... in the beginning it's all about learning more about the other, and trying to guess how they'd react or what they're going to do next ... it's the unexpected. It's not a bad thing that it's gone! It just means your relationship has developed. You've known each other better, learned to trust and you've both gotten more comfortable in your relationship with each other. If you want that feeling of novelty again, then why not try doing something new together? It could be anything, from going somewhere different, to working on a project, or doing something you wouldn't usually do. It will bring that new excitement back, but the best thing is, you'll still have that feeling of comfort with each other. Good luck, hope this helps you ^_^

Comment

Others have said very good things. I was actually feeling the same thing the other day! "Where did my butterflies go?!"

But when he's the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning, and when I hear his laugh and voice and it makes me smile for no apparent reason, and when I get excited about his visit even though it's months away, that's how I know nothing died.

Getting out the honeymoon phase isn't bad at all. I think that stage is over for us as well, or at least he "newness" of the relationship is starting to wear out, which doesn't surprise me seeing as I've known him for years anyway! But it's not a bad thing at all. People grow and settle (though I'm careful to use the word settle). As long as you're both happy in the relationship and have a mutual care and love.

Comment

I used to believe in the honeymoon phase but that I always just made me feel upset that it was almost over so now I don't believe it at all. Why should we make a relationship in phases when it is just going to make you feel like your relationship is not as "sparkly"? I don't even know if that makes a whole lot of sense but it does to me in my mind.

I have been with my so for almost a year and I love him even more then when I first fell in love and to me that is all that matters. ^-^ No honeymoon phase for me, everyday is just a new day to love him even more then the one before that, even if he slightly annoys me or we get in a small argument.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                            Your relationship is evolving. That 'spark' won't last forever. The butterflies will be replaced with flatulence and you just have to learn to adapt and love him even when the new and exciting wears off.
                            omg...I laughed way too hard at that.
                            sigpic
                            Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
                            Our first LDR ~ August 2009
                            Closed the distance ~ January 2011
                            He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
                            Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
                            He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
                            Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
                            Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Every relationship goes through phases, some last longer than others. It's part of the biology of falling in love, and remaining in love. To me, the post honeymoon phase is the fun part - this is when you start to really get to know your SO for who he is as a person, not as a suitor. Lots of deep bonds will be made between you two now that the excitement has ebbed. Enjoy it!
                              sigpic
                              Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
                              Our first LDR ~ August 2009
                              Closed the distance ~ January 2011
                              He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
                              Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
                              He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
                              Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
                              Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Working...