How should I handle this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should I handle this?

My girlfriend's birthday is this coming Wednesday so I put together a "birthday box" with something I bought her and decorated it, etc. I put a lot of time and thought into it and I shipped it out so it will be arriving there that day. I couldn't decide if I wanted to send a small amount of flowers and balloon with it because of money reasons but I got a good deal so I just did that too.

Our anniversary is also in 2 weeks and I am going to see her that weekend. I am going to pick up flowers that day too for that as well (which is why I couldn't decide if I should do flowers also for her birthday). Now I am trying to figure out if it would be in my best interest to get a gift as well to bring with me or if this will be enough. I will be taking her out to dinner that weekend of course. I had to help pay some for the plane tickets plus baggage costs, etc. I am not cheap I just don't want to be to careless with my money especially trying to keep making trips out there in the future (To which I will have to pay the full price and not have any assistance with). I am sure she will be getting me something or doing something and not that that means I need to do something in return with a gift but just wondering. Money can be tight already with the flowers, tickets, and personal expenses, etc. I just didn't plan very well with her birthday and anniversary so close together lol.

Thanks!

I think bringing a gift with you is unnecessary, considering her birthday is so close, plus you being there with her should be enough. With your plans of taking her out and everything, I think you should just bring yourself

Very sweet to send her a birthday box. I love it! So thoughtful
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

That sounds like a lovely birthday idea. Very sweet. ^_^ As for an anniversary gift, why not try giving her something handmade? It will cost next to nothing, apart from time and love. ^_^ And I'm sure she will appreciate something so sweet and thoughtful, sometimes the best gifts are the gifts from the heart! Anyone can go out and buy a gift, but something handmade will be unique and heartfelt, and original. Good luck!

Comment

I don't really think you need to get a gift if you're already getting her flowers and taking her to dinner. I mean, I love getting gifts, but you could also write her a love letter or make something to give her with the flowers. Letters and handmade stuff are one of the best things to get, in my opinion. Or you could make a scrap book with pictures of you guys in it, but you may not have time for that! But just have a good time on your anniversary. The most important thing is spending time together!

Comment

Thanks guys! Any handmade ideas or less expensive gift ideas?

Lol, I was going crazy about whether I should have send her a small amount of flowers/balloons for her birthday since I am doing flowers when I get there. Kept going back and forth but I got a good deal on the price so I just went with it....now money is tight and all the expenses with flying, etc.

Comment

Hi Marty, I'm glad we could help you ^_^ As for something handmade and/or less expensive, is there anything you're particularly good at? Like drawing, singing or cooking? Other ideas could be something like a photo frame with a picture of you two (you could even edit the photo or Photoshop it with a special message) or a scrap book, love letter, " open when" letters... If you need more inspiration or tips or anything, feel free to PM me! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X