Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO and I are compatible because we both think it's bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
      according to Islamic scholars, witches must be executed without hesitation.

TwoThree isn't a condescending person, she rocks.
      Yeah, this... And on that note, reading all the examples on the page, it looks like people are still living in the Middle Ages in quite some countries... I didn't think people still did stuff like that to others, but it appears that I'm just naive in that regard. So horrible!
      Last edited by MissButterfly; September 11, 2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Well this is interesting... I haven't checked our compatibility.. Yet (Liees! Yes I did). My SO is Aries while myself is Sagittarius. It said

These are relatively minor niggles, however, in a relationship which overall has a very good chance of longevity. Being fire signs, both Sagittarius and Aries are quick to forgive and forget, so arguments won’t fester; the sheer energy and exuberance of this couple will quickly sweep away any resentments too, so there will always be something fresh to look forward to. There’s a constant renewal of romance going on, which is highly refreshing. Aries and Sagittarius compatibility is actually higher than you might expect, given that neither sign is particularly known for its willingness to commit – but Aries will commit before Sagittarius does.

I don't know but I really find that him and/our relationship is pretty challenging and I really love being in this process. I don't know if it's perfect or ideal but I know enough our relationship is exactly what we both needed.
        Jon Lawrence: I love you because you are succesful, intelligent, have a great nerdy personality.
        Jon Lawrence: Love me for all my faults
        Jon Lawrence: You have a good head on your head.
        Jon Lawrence: and you are FUCKING AMAZING LOOKING!

sigpic

Comment

I'm a Cancer and my So is a Pisces. Apparently this is a perfect match from what I've read. As a Cancer I'm supposed to be emotionally sensitive, insecure, homebody and dislike strangers which, is all very true. For my So, he is supposed to be wise, gentle, has a desire to escape reality, intuitive, likes time alone which, also fits him. As a Cancer and Pisces we are supposed to be a perfect match. I found this one description of our compatibility online about a year ago but, I can't seem to find it anymore but, it fit us perfectly.

Met Online: 02/2012
          Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
          First Met in person: 09/22/2012
          Started Dating: 10/30/2012
          Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

What I found was pretty accurate of us:
            They are sincere and devoted to one another and share a strong sense of purpose. No lightweight love here: These two were not really built for flings! Cancer and Virgo deeply admire one another: Virgo respects Cancer’s quiet strength and dedication while Cancer appreciates Virgo’s keen adaptability and intelligence. [...] There could be tiffs if Virgo becomes too critical for Cancer’s easily bruised feelings; Cancer needs to understand that it’s just Virgo’s nature to point out what they observe, that it’s not a personal attack. A Virgo may bristle at their Cancer mate’s stubborn streak, but it’s a trait that a patient and understanding love partner like Virgo could come to appreciate. Also, Virgo’s urge to serve suits Cancer’s affectionate, nurturing nature well. [...] Their shared goals and desires make theirs a highly compatible love match.
            I am a Cancer, and Joe is a Virgo.
            started dating: 12/08/12
            "i love you": 04/12/13
            el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
            montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
            el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
            montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
            el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
            el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
            el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
            san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
            san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

I remember in my old school planner there was a chart of which zodiac sign matched the best with which and I loved figuring out who in my class was a good match and who wasn't, but other than that I don't think zodiac signs say much about compatibility.
              He's aries; I'm pisces. YAY?

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Got to pay more attention in English class, thought this topic was about people on medicine...
                Atleast Zodiac sounds a little like some kind of medicine

SO is Leo and I am pisces, I think I read once its a good match but not perfect.
                "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

I'm Taurus, and my S.O is Aries ... when I did a quick search on our zodiac compatibilities, I got this:

"When Aries and Taurus come together in a love affair, the partnership is a natural union of Love, represented by Taurus, and Passion, represented by Aries. This relationship is all about balance.

What’s the best aspect of the Aries-Taurus relationship? The passionate nature of the partnership. This is an excellent balance of energy between masculine and feminine, impulsive and deliberate. Their contrasting personalities and ability to learn from one another make theirs a mutually giving and satisfying relationship."

While I totally 100% agree with the balance of our relationship, since we always seem to "complete" one another and make up for each other's flaws ... I don't really agree with the character of Aries according to the Zodiac. Apparently, my S.O is meant to be impatient and want to jump right into things ... but my S.O is the kind of person who will literally sit and think through all the pros and cons and all possibilities before he does anything drastic. Hehe. I don't really think the Zodiac is something that's really reliable ... but it's always interesting to see what they have to say! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by princessmaria View Post
                    I don't think they're 100% accurate, but my SO just so happens to be a whole lot like a Leo. Leo's are just so perfect (at least my leo is). They're so gentle and strong at the same time, so prideful and honorable. Ahh, it melts my insides. So happy to be dating a leo. He's my lion.

We've looked up a few compatibility things on the web between him and I. I'm a gemini and gemini/leo pairings have been pretty accurate at describing our relationship in certain aspects like reasons why we might get into a spat.

What are you and your SO's signs? Are you guys compatible or is there any truth to what is said about your pairing?
                    Are you anything like your sign or is your SO anything like his/her sign?!
                    I don't fully believe in astrology, some of it is junk/just for fun. But I do happen to believe my boyfriend and I, our astrology signs match quite well and fit us really well. I'm a Cancer and he's a Pisces and as someone above (who I am quoting below) said too, it's supposed to be a really good/perfect match.

I think one of the reasons astrology isn't the best is that the person who made the charts might have messed up with which days are under which signs, and a huge thing is that our personalities come from more than just when we were born. I think it's also determined by who are parents are, how we grow up, who we meet, etc.

Originally posted by RachelAnne View Post
                    Lol, is a Cancer and Cancer compatible? I don't think so
                    I feel like I read somewhere that two equal signs are usually pretty good, I did a quick google search and found a site, which I only skimmed, but it seems astrology says it's a good match. :P

https://www.astrology.com/love-compa...-cancer_cancer

Originally posted by kayla_622 View Post
                    I'm a Cancer and my So is a Pisces. Apparently this is a perfect match from what I've read. As a Cancer I'm supposed to be emotionally sensitive, insecure, homebody and dislike strangers which, is all very true. For my So, he is supposed to be wise, gentle, has a desire to escape reality, intuitive, likes time alone which, also fits him. As a Cancer and Pisces we are supposed to be a perfect match. I found this one description of our compatibility online about a year ago but, I can't seem to find it anymore but, it fit us perfectly.
                    That's me and my SO too. We looked it up pretty early in our relationship, I think before we were officially together, and it fit us pretty perfectly too. I know another Cancer girl-Pisces boy couple who also seem quite similar. I think Cancer-Pisces relationships are the best but I'm very biased. :P

Comment

The big issue with Astrology is that not only does the true dates change depending on where you live, but they also change globally because the Earth moves as well. Check the actual constellation dates, compare them to the generally used dates and (with the biggest surprised look on your face) realise that they're off by at least a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
                        The big issue with Astrology is that not only does the true dates change depending on where you live, but they also change globally because the Earth moves as well. Check the actual constellation dates, compare them to the generally used dates and (with the biggest surprised look on your face) realise that they're off by at least a month.
                        Awhile back there were a bunch of articles going around about how some zodiac signs have changed because of the natural movement of the planet or something like that. While I am a Cancer I think that with the new zodiac dates I'm technically a Gemini. I don't identify at all with what a Gemini is supposed to be. I'm a Cancer through and through. But it is pretty interesting see what sign you are technically are.

Met Online: 02/2012
                        Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
                        First Met in person: 09/22/2012
                        Started Dating: 10/30/2012
                        Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

Originally posted by kayla_622 View Post
                          Awhile back there were a bunch of articles going around about how some zodiac signs have changed because of the natural movement of the planet or something like that. While I am a Cancer I think that with the new zodiac dates I'm technically a Gemini. I don't identify at all with what a Gemini is supposed to be. I'm a Cancer through and through. But it is pretty interesting see what sign you are technically are.
                          Yeah I remember an article like that too.. I remember with that new dates, I was closer to the cusp between Gemini and Cancer but I identify more with the Cancer sign as well.

Comment

I'm taking an astronomy class right now and even the teacher goofs about zodiacs and the people that fully live their lives off what their horoscopes say and such. I'm an Aquarius, which fits me pretty good and my SO is a Leo which kind of fits him. The love compatibility thing for us from astrology.com is so not us though haha.

Comment

Twothree: Saying something is not 100% accurate does not imply that I think it can be somewhat accurate. Unless I said that I believe it can be somewhat accurate, then my statement of it not being 100% accurate both literally and mathematically means that I do not believe it is 100% accurate. There is no other implication there, nor is there any implication that I attest to it being true simply because I made a playful post on an internet forum. You are using rhetoric. It's funny how you put down Islam and the muslims in your country, and yet you seem to be just as contradicting and judgemental. How coincidental? Keep on being a bitter bigot, it makes you and your argument much, much more feasible.

Moon: I don't think I have ever, not once, directly spoken to you. Not once have I ever felt the need to respond or communicate with you because you aren't the least bit important to me. Yet, for whatever reason you find it necessary to constantly address me rudely in threads. Your opinion to me is irrelevant. If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all. You're 40 years old, you should have heard something like that in your lifetime before.

Directed at both of you: I am 19 years old. You are both over ten years my senior. I find it incredibly sad that you feel the need to patronize someone on a public forum to make yourselves feel better, or entertained. There is nothing adult like or appropriate about that at all.

Closing this thread because you two genuinely make me contemplate leaving the forum. Luckily most of LFAD is nothing like you two and I hope no one else joins this forum with that impression.

Comment

Working...
                              X