United Airways - $0 Plane Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United Airways - $0 Plane Tickets

ctvnews.ca/business/united-airlines-says-it-will-honour-0-tickets-it-sold-by-mistake-1.1453937

How many of you would've taken complete, total advantage of this mistake?

I would. I would've booked trips for every long weekend, holiday, and random weekends for however long in advance I am allowed. I'd also call up my SO, tell him to drop whatever he was doing so that he could do the same.

I would take direct flights that only take 2 hours instead of the usual 7-12hr journeys.

...If only I had a time machine.

My SO lives in Toronto.

I'm not usually one to take advantage, but I can't lie and say I wouldn't have in this situation lol...
    They're accepting tickets case by case, so assuming your situation is dire enough they let you keep your ticket without paying. How dire is saying I need to see my LDB asap?

Comment

I would totally have taken advantage of this situation if I had seen it. Seriously, United is one of the very few airlines to fly directly to Houston from Kansas City and I would have done that in a heartbeat.
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
        I would totally have taken advantage of this situation if I had seen it. Seriously, United is one of the very few airlines to fly directly to Houston from Kansas City and I would have done that in a heartbeat.
        I was thinking exactly that when I read the news.. the possibilities!

Comment

lol when i heard first thought was crap!!! missed it

Comment

I don't think there were transatlantic flights included in that mistake, but I still would have booked flights to all the places in the US I've wanted to visit! Totally would have taken advantage of it If only Finnair could make the same mistake....
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Haha oh yeah! If only I found out sooner lol.

Comment

Working...
              X