trying to get used to my ldr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to get used to my ldr

Basically i just need a little advice on how to make a LDR work . I have never been in one , this is my first and its harder then i thought . Me & my bf have been together 2 months sooo its still pretty bumpy getting used to it alll . Any advice on how to make it work ? tips ? do's & donts ?

Communication is the key, trust is really important in any relationship and especially in a LDR. Talking is more or less the main way to gain trust in a LDR. Check out on the things to do section and just look around this site in general, there's tons of tips and advice on here As for dos and don'ts, stay positive and don't make a mountain out of a mole hill are the ones that first come to mind. Good luck and welcome!
    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Yes welcome to this support group! I have received a lot of helpful advice here! I don*t want to scare you but LDRs are hard on the mind!!! You need a lot patience and trust to work on this LDR, but there are a lot of succes stories here, so good luck!!!!

Comment

You'll find a lot of advice and support here, just take a look around! And if you ever have a problem, just post it on here and I'm sure many people will be happy to try and help. ^_^ It will be hard, but when you're truly in love, you realise that it's all worth it. Just stay strong, communicate, and believe and trust in one another. My main advice would be COMMUNICATE with one another. This is the most important thing, and the thing that can be the make or break of a relationship. Communication is the key to preventing many relationship problems. As for things you shouldn't do ... just try not to mistrust the other and let your mind conjure up all these bad possibilities without adequate reason to. Try to trust them as much as possible, and try to discuss problems rather than debate them. This will save you a lot of arguments. Just listen to what each of you has to say before jumping in and trying to argue that you're right. Good luck! ^_^

Comment

It's tough.
          I still feel like crying every other day (i've seen him little less than 2 weeks ago, so its still fresh)
          Lately i've been very insecure about weather he likes me and if i'm fun enough for him and stuff like that.
          He says that he loves me and he's got 0 doubts so there's nothing for me to do but believe him and convince myself that i'm just making myself crazy with all those thoughts.

The distance makes me miss him soo much but, On the bright side... that makes me realise that I really love him and I really dont want to lose him.
          And everytime we see each other in real life it's so exciting and we fall in love again. Every kiss is exciting and when we hold hands it feels so special!
          There are times i feel really good and there are times feel really bad and I miss him more than normal...
          But anyway, all the depressed times are so worth a couple of weeks with my boyfriend!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaac View Post
            And everytime we see each other in real life it's so exciting and we fall in love again. Every kiss is exciting and when we hold hands it feels so special!
            You are so lucky that you got to kiss and hold hands ... in fact you are so lucky you met each other face to face many times ... I met my boyfriend a week ago and he stayed only 2 days, so we only had 2 dates. The first date was a little awkward, but nice and the second was GREAT!!! But we didn*t get to kiss and hold hands because we were both so shy and it was so new to us (we both hadn*t been in a relationship for a long time!). When we parted we hugged and I wanted to just break out my shyness and kiss him on the mouth, but just about the same time he kissed me on the cheeks ... I think it was not because he didn*t like me, but because he was shy and very respectful to me ...
            But now, one week later, he still hasn*t said anything about a future face to face meeting. It seems like he has other things on his mind ....

Comment

Working...
            X