Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Symbols or anything else relating to your relationship and/or SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbols or anything else relating to your relationship and/or SO?

So, I'm curious, does anybody else have some kind of symbol or anything else that relates to your relationship and/or SO?
    For example, I have an American flag and my SO has a Swedish flag. We've also been trying to find something that we can wear, like a necklace or something like that, and we have found several things that we like, but we haven't found what we think would be perfect yet.

But anyways, please share what you have, if you want to of course.

EDIT: I have searched for similar threads, but I didn't find any...
    Last edited by Mcayon; September 16, 2013, 04:49 AM.
    "The road to success is always under construction." - Lily Tomlin

We've got a flag each too (mine is very handily covering up a couple holes in the wall...) and we had a necklace each with the Finnish lion on it before I got my tattoo (pointing out that I got the tattoo for completely different reasons) and I also bought us matching bracelets when I went to Senegal in spring 2012. Apart from that I gave him an engraved pocket watch for Christmas and I got a photo locket from him We've been thinking about buying matching whistles from https://www.fallingwhistles.com but we've been a bit low on cash lately... Oh well
    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I wear a collar he puts around my neck everytime we see each other - this time it is a gold chain with a gold cross to match my gold engagement ring

Other than that I have a piece of paper he wrote "I love you" on and he has the ~20 "I love you" cards I hid all over his room before I left

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I have a plushie to hug that he got me for v-day and I got myself an Union Jack scarf ^^

I"m thinking about getting a t-shirt that say My Boyfriend is English!
        “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
        ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
        Closed the distance >21.03.2015
        sigpic

Comment

We both have the burnt orange LFAD bracelets (he has it as a keychain, though). I like seeing it and randomly being reminded of him
          first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
          second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

We have a teddy bear that he bought me in NYC on my last visit--we mail him back and forth to each other. He has him right now but is mailing him back to me this weekend

Comment

She has a big Canadian Flag on the wall of her bedroom, I also have an American one. Smaller though.
              I have a coin necklace that I got made at the GA Renaissance Faire. One side has people in the shape of one heart and the other side is an celtic looking A for her name.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I have a ring he got me a year ago, some of his clothing, canadian money, and some public transportation passes from my visits with him.
                He has a whole drawer full of stuff in his room that belongs to me. Some of it is things I couldn't fit back into my suitcase on the way home, and then there are notes I left him as well whenever he is missing me.

Comment

Originally posted by aniay View Post
                  I have a plushie to hug that he got me for v-day and I got myself an Union Jack scarf ^^

I"m thinking about getting a t-shirt that say My Boyfriend is English!
                  hehe I got myself a "Property of a British boy" t-shirt and I got my boyfriend a "Property of a Canadian girl" t-shirt awhile ago. :P He hasn't worn mine much except right when he received it, so I could see it but I have worn mine a few times, it's a nice t-shirt! :P

We also both have the "LFAD" bracelets, his is the brown one, and mine is the pink one. Also we both have "Love Conquers" red bracelets which this girl on Tumblr was selling and I thought I'd get one for us.

We both had a little pin with the Canadian flag and the Welsh flag, though his broke in shipping getting it to him, and mine is somewhere but I'm not sure at the moment because I just moved basically. I have a bunch of little things I've gotten back from the UK, flight ticket stubs (though the past couple flights the tickets are really papery and they don't rip any part off, unlike the first couple flights where I only got to keep the stub) and we also both have a couple mugs with our pictures on, one set that was made closer to when we first started dating and the other set more recently made. And I could go on because I am very sentimental and hold onto lots of things. There are a lot of things with my boyfriend that should remind him of me because I've left things there so I wouldn't have to take them back with me or just for him to have.

Comment

Originally posted by squeeker View Post
                    Also we both have "Love Conquers" red bracelets which this girl on Tumblr was selling and I thought I'd get one for us.
                    Were you following "The Miles Between" LDR blog on tumblr ran by Lily?

OT: I have all of my greyhound ticket stubs from our trips to each other. I had a bottle of his Axe body wash and bodyspray,his knife,the kitana he gave me and his H.I.M shirt. He has a shirt from me,he had my Axe body spray,my knife,the letter I wrote him on our first visit and a drawing I did for him.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                    Back Together: August 1,2012
                    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                    Engaged: January 17,2013
                    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDaemon View Post
                      Were you following "The Miles Between" LDR blog on tumblr ran by Lily?
                      Yes I was. yay Tumblr! (heatherloveschris.tumblr.com here)

Comment

We got each other rings at the beginning of our relationship. I also got him the keyring I use as my avatar. He said he'd get me something similar but I'm still waiting :P
                        So, here you are
                        too foreign for home
                        too foreign for here.
                        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Sadly.. with my SO being in Egypt, it's difficult to send things to and from there by mail.
                          Tried to send him a birthday gift a couple of weeks ago, and still, no sign of that on his side.

Instead, we stick to 'in-game' items. May seem silly to some, but I love them just as much.
                          Hopefully, one day we can have something which isn't 'in-game'.

Comment

We both like boxes so boxes are our thing (: I decorated a box for him out of magazine scraps/pictures and other odds and ends I had lying around. It turned out pretty awesome.
                            “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Working...
                            X