SO says I have been distant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO says I have been distant

we have been together since march 2011. in the beginning, he pretty much spoiled me - hours on the phone, when i would visit he would take off work etc. i helped him get his pre reqs done for masters schooling. Then he got into the program this past June. He is still working ft, and taking 17 credits in the masters program. He was suppossed to graduate in December '13, then it got pushed back to July '14. i have been incrediblly supportive thru all of this. Actually, I wasnt nearly as busy as him, so i would help him with his hw (he is not computer savvy and most things had to be submitted via computer), I always had my phone on me and would respond as soon as he texted or called since we had little communication time
    when we found out last month that his graduation had been pushed back, I started looking for ways to keep myself busier. My 10 yo started playing baseball, so we are outside quite a bit practicing. i deliberately leave my phone in the house or car more often than not these days. i do reply to him when I get back to the phone, but he is usually busy .
    he doesnt understand that it is just my way of dealing with the distance and is afraid I am tiring of the relationship. I am not playing games and ignoring him, it is just easier to keep my mind off it when I am not checking my phone every 5 minutes
    everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

He needs to understand that, especially when LD, life has to be lived. He can't expect you to be at his beck and call 100% of the time, you've got other things that have to get done. That's not being distant, it's just reality. It isn't your fault he has so much going on, compromises are necessary, but you still have responsibilities that can't be ignored. I'm sorry you're going through this, it's one of the hardest parts of being LD, in my opinion.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
    X