No announcement yet.

What's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just going to add, that here, in Austria, if you want to sponsor someone from a non-EU country, you have to proof that you are earning at least 1.600 Euros, a month, which are nearly 19.200 (counting the 12 monthly pays, not the 14 we actually get)! it's 1.200 euros if the couple is married!

That's just how it is, I do not think it's very unreasonable if you "just" have to proof you earn it. The need to have that kind of money saved up, that would be awful!

But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
      I signed because I'm a sympathetic silly old fool :P and because I could well be in the same situation. Life is hardly fair. I'm lucky in the sence that I could move to UK right away, but because of my children and other "ties" we are looking at about 10 years apart atleast. I agree on immigration laws etc but do think that the amount of money you have to have saved up is unfair though.

Can he not move to the US?

I get really frustrated with immigration laws.

The USA is pretty hard to get into these days too, well that is if you wish to do so legally. My SO would move here in a heartbeat if he could. He gets given the third degree to just visit me here just as I do there. I on the other hand cannot deny service to an illegal alien in USA or risk being sued.

In the NL they don't even allow us to have a certain amount of money saved up. They require him to have proof of a 12 month contract over a set amount. As a part time student my SO cannot meet that. He is far from a kid, just tying to better himself to get a decent job in a horrible economy.

I really wish more countries would start to take cases under consideration more individually and have more common sense means of allowing two consenting adults to live together if they choose to be life partners.

If I live with him and don't receive any aid from them or healthcare.....how am I am drain on the economy? If I want to stay illegally it would be pretty easy but I don't wish to, so I get punished for following their laws which makes no real sense at all.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X