Hello Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Again

I haven't been on this site for a while.

The girl I was interested in, didn't work out. Unfortunately, like many or at least some LDR's, she just kinda up and disappeared. Stopped answering texts and calls.

As she was getting through a divorce, I think I may have tried to move too fast. It is what it is.

So I haven't given up. Went back on eharmony. Met an amazing woman. So anyways, I'm back on here since this one is also possibly LDR.

So the theme of this, don't give up on LDR if one doesn't work.

-Monk (hoping to be) In Love

I would be devestated if someone just up and disappeared with no explanation. I'm so sorry for that but I wish you the best in your new adventure.

I'm in New Mexico, how small the world

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that ): But I wish you all the best and luck with your new lady!

Comment

Originally posted by Laural007 View Post
        I would be devestated if someone just up and disappeared with no explanation. I'm so sorry for that but I wish you the best in your new adventure.

I'm in New Mexico, how small the world
        Thanks Laura! Yeah, I was hurt, but we were taking things slow and we weren't that serious. Maybe that's why I got over it fairly quickly.

New Mexico!! Yeah, it is a small world. Almost Hot Air Balloon Fiesta time!! Has your SO come out for the balloons yet?

Thanks again for your encouragement and kind words.

Comment

Originally posted by Karlijn92 View Post
          I'm really sorry to hear that ): But I wish you all the best and luck with your new lady!
          Thank you so much Karlijin for your consolation and encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by monkinlove View Post
            Thanks Laura! Yeah, I was hurt, but we were taking things slow and we weren't that serious. Maybe that's why I got over it fairly quickly.

New Mexico!! Yeah, it is a small world. Almost Hot Air Balloon Fiesta time!! Has your SO come out for the balloons yet?

Thanks again for your encouragement and kind words.
            You're welcome!

Nope, we still haven't met in person, although we finally had face time. Such a relief knowing that he is the person I have been talking to for almost 2 years. I'm not sure we'll survive our relationship but I'm trying to stay hopeful. I finally gave him a deadline of November. If he doesn't come visit me or let me visit him I'm throwing in the towel. It'll be hard but I don't want to invest anymore of my time into someone who isn't sure of what he wants in life.

Comment

I wish you all the best too!! ^^

Comment

You're welcome!

Nope, we still haven't met in person, although we finally had face time. Such a relief knowing that he is the person I have been talking to for almost 2 years. I'm not sure we'll survive our relationship but I'm trying to stay hopeful. I finally gave him a deadline of November. If he doesn't come visit me or let me visit him I'm throwing in the towel. It'll be hard but I don't want to invest anymore of my time into someone who isn't sure of what he wants in life.
                WOW.

Sorry this is OT but have you thought about contacting that Catfish show?

@Monkinlove
                I hope this one turns out to be the woman of your dreams.
                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                  WOW.

Sorry this is OT but have you thought about contacting that Catfish show?

@Monkinlove
                  I hope this one turns out to be the woman of your dreams.
                  I did consider it until he finally face timed me. He was worried I wouldn't be physically attracted to him. He's my boo bear, I love him regardless of what he may have looked like We face time regularly now. We have had so many issues when it comes to visiting each other (from both of our ends) that it is getting frustrating. In November he should have everything taken care of on his end so after that there isn't any more excuses and he knows I will move on if we pass that date and he's not here.

Comment

Originally posted by Neide View Post
                    I wish you all the best too!! ^^

Thanks Neide!! =]

Comment

I did consider it until he finally face timed me. He was worried I wouldn't be physically attracted to him. He's my boo bear, I love him regardless of what he may have looked like We face time regularly now. We have had so many issues when it comes to visiting each other (from both of our ends) that it is getting frustrating. In November he should have everything taken care of on his end so after that there isn't any more excuses and he knows I will move on if we pass that date and he's not here.
                      It's good you are setting some lines in the relationship or goals. There should be some endpoints. Especially something that is LD and been a 2 yr relationship. At least that is what I'm starting to learn for myself too.

I met the current woman I'm interested on EH. We've only been talking for over a few months, however, she even said in answering some EH questions she is willing to meet in person with someone after a month. I don't think we will meet that soon, but I definitely want a face to face date in the near term if we continue to talk and seem to be liking each other. So far so good. =) I think she would be open to it.

Also off topic for my own topic, what the heck is "Catfish show"???

Comment

Originally posted by monkinlove View Post
                        It's good you are setting some lines in the relationship or goals. There should be some endpoints. Especially something that is LD and been a 2 yr relationship. At least that is what I'm starting to learn for myself too.

I met the current woman I'm interested on EH. We've only been talking for over a few months, however, she even said in answering some EH questions she is willing to meet in person with someone after a month. I don't think we will meet that soon, but I definitely want a face to face date in the near term if we continue to talk and seem to be liking each other. So far so good. =) I think she would be open to it.

Also off topic for my own topic, what the heck is "Catfish show"???
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfish:_The_TV_Show
                        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                        X