What is *Your* Next Big Step(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is *Your* Next Big Step(s)?

All of us, in one way or another, have certain goals we're trying to reach in our LDR's. Examples: saving enough for the first visit, convincing parents to let us go, waiting on visas...

So I'm curious:

What is your next big step or steps you're trying to reach?

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

As of right now, I'm trying to confirm my visit days, my roommate is coming along with her boyfriend so we're trying to work around all 3 of us's school and work. and saving up the money, I have enough money for gas, now I'm saving up for the hotel room.

I'm also saving up to eventually move up there, but she's indecsive and doesn't like her college, might be transferring, everything is kinda in the air but I'm still putting money away for a potential move.
    Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
    Starting Dating: 5.22.09
    Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
    Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
    Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

What are yours?

Comment

What is your next big step or steps you're trying to reach?
        Plan another trip to see my SO next year (around August). Other things which will still take some time: finishing school (hopefully in 2 years; it could also be 4 years), finding a job to be able to live with my SO (probably in New Zealand or England).

Comment

It would be me going to Wales in November and it's definitely a BIG step for me since I'm terrified of flying and I have to fly there alone too plus I'm going to meet his parents for the first time :s

After that the ultimate step is to teach him Finnish, find him a job in Finland, save loads of money, move him here, get married, have lots of kids and live happily ever after

Comment

Get money together and see him asap I was just thinkin of if I keep my grades up and good, I might convince my parents to let me go see him in march for 2 weeks durin my spring break. It'd be a nice compromise since my grades would be good, it would be a few months before a graduate and it be only for 2 weeks

Comment

Well, my next big step will be completed this fall, and that was to have my SO visit America and meet my family. He'll be here in October (dates not decided yet) for a month. So woo!

After that, I need to save $5k minimum AND pay for my move over there (Australia); once I hit March we'll be deciding which visa I'm coming in on depending on his circumstances at the time in the country. He's looking for a job, so I don't know what his money situation will be like.

Comment

Next "big" step I guess is sorting out what I could do when I move to Finland, and sooner.. how/when I could move

Smaller step I guess is sorting out which week she'll come here and I'll go there in late October/early November

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                  I
                  After that the ultimate step is to teach him Finnish, find him a job in Finland, save loads of money, move him here, get married, have lots of kids and live happily ever after
                  Rofl, I feel you on that one! Change Finland to Australia (and me), and I'm right there with you! XD

Comment

funny how it all sounds so simple when you write it down like that

Comment

lol i know I was just thinking that. My goal is to get the grade I need to get on the pHD program in my boyfriend's city =/ sounds simple, studying, but at the same time terrifying that all our plans depend on me and my brain at the moment =/

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Right now the main goal is getting him to a point in his job where he can take time off for me to visit. I wouldn't mind he work if he worked normal hours (I'm used to being in a house all day, such a woman) but it wouldn't be fair him working til midnight the entire time. I took care of the funding back in March and have been saving it ever since.

Comment

It's never that simple though. Have any of you guys considered a committment ceremony on one of your visits? My so and I had one before she moved, we had my roommate "marry" us and we just said some promising "vows" and it was really sweet.

Comment

LMH; The other day someone was talking to me about Disney and I thought of you!

Comment

I know, right? I always think "These are such clear, achievable things!" And then the other side of my brain goes ..."yeah, it'll take this many months for this, and this many months for thiiiis..." Faugh. ~.~

Comment

Working...
                              X