Not texting me much anymore :l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not texting me much anymore :l

This might be somewhat of a long story but I figure the more detail I give the better.

I met this guy, i'll just call him Texas since that's where he lives currently. I met him while trolling on Omegle a year or so ago, and although I never intended to make a good friend that day we kept in contact for almost a year. He was basically a texting buddy for me, we would talk on the phone very rarely and I'm 99% sure I was the only one to initiate phone conversations. Talking on the phone is sort of important for me because texts can be so ambiguous. We even wrote each other letters and sent Christmas gifts. Anyway, we continued to remain very close until I got into a relationship with someone else because I never knew if Texas wanted to be in an LDR with me even though he texted me as if we were a 'thing'. Yet we never actually came out and said whether we together or not. I did try to ask him at one point but it seemed that he did not want to give me a straight answer, due to this I don't want to ask him any serious questions through text.

So Texas and I cut contact completely, or I should say I cut contact with him completely since I was with my boyfriend at the time. Eventually me and my BF broke up around April 2013. I decided to look up Texas on facebook in June (about a year of not talking) and when he saw that I had added him he seemed extremely excited when he messaged me. Then BAM, we hit it off again and went right back texting constantly. He would send me good morning texts everyday, and if he was a bit late a good afternoon instead, how was your day texts, I miss you texts, yadda yadda. It seemed weird that he would jump right back into it so quickly, and I did not ASK him to do those things but he seemed to enjoy it and after I got over being suspicious of him I began to like it as well. Again, I was the only one to want to initiate phone conversations and when we would talk it just seemed like we connected so well. He told me he would come see me and buy me gifts again this year and all that stuff. He also emphasized that he didn't think I would disappear again since he has me on facebook now, I guess trying to say he wants me around for a while. He has had computer issues since we've started talking again so we havn't skyped at all yet. So far there's been constant excuses as to why he can't talk. The first excuse was that his sister who is newlywed had his laptop because it had music for the wedding on it. It took him weeks to finally receive it from her then when he finally did he texted me a picture of his laptop with a big white screen on it, I guess because it broke. Now he just does not have the money to replace his laptop just yet. So, i've decided to be patient because there is no way of me figuring out whether he is lying to me or not. Plus I really don't know his financial situation. (BTW, if the thought was running through your head I don't think i'm being Catfish'd. He's not terribly attractive but who knows. I guess I shouldn't rule that out so easily.)

Anyway, now I regret getting used to his awesome texts because a few weeks ago his texting patterns drastically changed. I decided to ask him why he wasn't texting me much anymore and he claimed that he was just busy helping his sister move and other things like he just did not have service, or had to help his cousin etc. However, he still isn't texting me much, particularly when he gets off of work. I talked to a different friend about this issue because I was starting to feel a bit sad/stupid about the whole situation and the friend suggested that I just stop replying to his texts for like a week so that I could see whether he makes an effort to keep contact with me or figure out where I went. So I figured sure why not.. even though if my aim is to get him to text more why would not texting him solve that? *Shrug*. Anyway... this is day 2 of me ignoring him, he sent one text yesterday and one today.

All I really want to know from this guy is if we are ever going to be more than texting buddies, and the last thing I want to do is receive that answer THROUGH A TEXT MESSAGE. I tried to initiate a phone conversation with him around the beginning of the week and told him that I needed to talk to him about something. However, he was busy and didn't text me for the rest of the night. The next day is when he claimed that he was sorry for not texting and not calling and that he couldn't because he was in a completely different state helping his cousin move to Texas.

Now I just feel frustrated and hurt because I had really begun to develop feelings for this guy and it just seems like he doesn't care anymore. Or maybe he is really busy and I should get over it. If he doesn't want an LDR and just wants a friendship I just want him to tell me so I can move on. I think i've been more than patient with him. So for anyone reading this have you ever been in a similar situation? Should I continue to ignore his texts for an entire week? Should I just get over wanting to have this important convo over the phone and just ask him what we are over text? What should I do ?
    "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
    Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
    Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
    First Visit: December 7, 2017
    Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

I feel like if a guy wants to be in a relationship/take things further he will. You wouldn't have to chase after him, he'll let you know. He hasn't so I'd take that as a massive hint and move on. He could also just be busy like he said he is. He has no obligations to you since you are not in a relationship so if he is busy he shouldn't have to explain himself. Also stop playing games by not texting him, its childish.

Comment

I think that he has an awful lot of excuses. If he wants to contact you, he will. He is not in the Congo. There is some form of phone service in most areas within a short drive in the USA, I don't buy that excuse at all. If he wants to continue I would demand some actual phone calls and chats or why worry and consider him a text buddy and to find a MAN that will step up. I don't think it is childish this early in to play the cat/mouse game, it is old as your great great great grandmother. Men don't like to be chased, they need the thrill of the chase, if not they get bored. Some other person might come along and not be so accessible, and who do you think he will contact first? If you are still willing to answer his replies but not initiate, then there is nothing wrong with that, or turning off your cell phone and stop being so easily available to him with such little effort that affords. In our grandparents days, suitors had to woo their potential mates and I see nothing wrong with reverting to some of that. I have said this before but there is a book, "He is just not that into you"..........read it. It might give you some different perspective.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I really appreciate the replies I know that was an extremely long post.

Well, as I've gone through the process of getting over him I now realize that yeah he probably isn't that into me anymore or whatever the reason is.. it's just been kind of hard to be let down when someone else got your hopes up about something, and seemed so sincere. Why can't he just tell me the truth? Whether I ignore him or not, I really don't think that'll change anything about his behavior.. and I think I have to let it go for myself. My friend called me a "thirsty doormat" and as harsh as it sounds it's probably true. I shouldn't have to try so hard to chase him and i'm worth more than that hurt.
        "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
        Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
        Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
        First Visit: December 7, 2017
        Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Why not be upfront and ask him?
          Made it official: 12-01-10
          First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
          Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

IMO, there's two ways this can go, and neither are super appealing.

1) He's really just not interested in a relationship with you. I think this is more likely from his behavior. Sorry for t he bluntness! But when guys are interested, they find ways to be in touch.

Less likely option 2) He is interested in a relationship, but is really that busy and doesn't see texting/contacting as important, etc. But he could be interested! Wouldn't that be great! Well, no, not really. Because if he is, this will probably be his same behavior in a relationship. And I'm guessing that would feel even less fulfilling if he was your boyfriend and this casual and uncommunicative, than just a crush that is like that.

There's nothing wrong with wanting more communication and so on, but there's also nothing wrong with him not being the kind of guy to provide it. In the long run, I think you'll be happier letting it go, moving on, and finding a guy who is a better match for your needs and wants.

Good luck!

Comment

Both men and women have resorted to passive break-up mode. It really sucks when it happens to you but the best thing to do is learn from it and move forward. You will have that knowledge and wisdom for the next time around.
              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
              X