No announcement yet.

Have You strted Making Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

=( I'm sorry. Today I was supposed to have a date... but that kinda went down the drain... =P First he said it'd be okay if we did it at 8 my time... Then he switched it to 3-7 his time (6-10) my time.... and i got a little upset w him on the fone bc i really wld've liked to talk to him longer than tht, uk like tlk to him for a couple of hours b4 we both go to bed. But he's doing volunteering tonight... but i really don't want to tlk abt it too much bc i'll get upset again and feel like jipped, and ik he wants to talk to me. But we already discussed it, and decided that since he was too tired to tlk today (he got up really early this morning=( ) that we'd talk around 9 and he'd call me again tomorrow morning lol... blerg. I hate sharing him w friends lol

Comment

I live in Vegas. It's very easy to get married here. You can get the marriage license the very day of the wedding, no blood test is necessary, and weddings can be as low as $50. Prices haven't changed much in years :P. Halloween weddings can have you married by satan xD. I'm a Christian, but I'm so tempted @_@...

Comment

Oh gosh i daydream all the time. I have always been a daydreamer. When you grow up being a social outcast you throw yourself into lots of stories and madeup places in your head. When I was younger I insisted I was never going to get married or have kids. Well I somehow managed to mess both of those statments up. I already have two wonderful kids... and now I am supposed to get married. I just keep getting upset about the fact that my family and friends are highly unlikely to be there for the wedding while all of his friends and family will be there. Its been bugging me all week.

I know I want a red, black and white color scheme with lots of oriental ideas and themes thrown in. I have a love for all things japanese, really wish and hope we will get to go to Japan for our honeymoon. Though I am aware that I cant put any hopes into what I want because my family isnt going to help me with my wedding at all. Sooo frustrating.

Also I soo want to have a 3rd child. I have polycyctic ovarian disease and it makes it so hard to have kids. I was told I shouldnt have had my first two. Some higher power clearly thought otherwise. Maybe that same power will grant me a girl. I already have two boys and damn are they a handful. I would love nothing more than to be able to create a child with my other half. We have talked about it and he even was the one who suggested we try other means if we have to. Soo sweet of him!

Comment

My dreams have changed over the years... obviously since I'm divorced. Everything I thought I wanted didn't happen... but that led me to Rane so while I didn't know it, I was somehow on the right path I suppose!
          For us, my dreams are our dreams I guess... as we've talked about them. We want to get married as soon as our Visa is approved. A baby is coming quickly after, we hope. Just one though! The life we want... well, vacations and nice cars and such aren't our thing. We want to each have a nice computer, and live without having to struggle, but our dreams all center around just coming home from a day at work to each other and spending the evening cuddled up on the couch, or cooking together, maybe some video games thrown in. A simple, happy life, thats what we are aiming for.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
            There's nothing wrong with dreaming, I think most people do it, but there's a famous quote I quite like, and it's certainly proved to be true with me! - "Life is what happens when you make other plans."
            Ah, yeah, John Lennon ^^ I like that quote too and it is -so- true. My boyfriend and I were doing our own things and then life gives us each other and we couldn't be happier about it. ^^

Originally posted by Darth_Taco
            I live in Vegas. It's very easy to get married here. You can get the marriage license the very day of the wedding, no blood test is necessary, and weddings can be as low as $50. Prices haven't changed much in years :P. Halloween weddings can have you married by satan xD. I'm a Christian, but I'm so tempted @_@...
            That's where my boyfriend lives Hm, it's weird, but I actually hadn't really thought of getting married there lol I hope when it's my turn to visit there that we don't get married on a whim :P And a satanic wedding is too funny XD

Originally posted by garnet
            The life we want... well, vacations and nice cars and such aren't our thing. We want to each have a nice computer, and live without having to struggle, but our dreams all center around just coming home from a day at work to each other and spending the evening cuddled up on the couch, or cooking together, maybe some video games thrown in. A simple, happy life, thats what we are aiming for.
            Aw :3 That's what I want too and the times we've talked about it, he hasn't disagreed with it. ^^ I really couldn't have said it any better. That's the perfect life ^^

Comment

I am a planner! But the thing is I don't stick to my plans

I actually have a wedding folder on my laptop where I've collected pictures of dresses, hair-do's and stuff so that when the time comes it'll be easier to decide on those things.
              Andy and I both want a small, intimate wedding and they won't be held in a church - we want it to be outside in the summer. I have a very big yard so I would really like it if we got married at home with just a few closest ppl around us.

As for everything else, obviously I've pictured our perfect life together in my head a million times - Andy having a well paid job, we being married, having 2 or 3 kids, me being the perfect mum even though I have a great career.... But somehow I think that's quite not the way it's gonna go. I have dreams and plans but nothing specific like baby names or how many cars we'll have lol, I just want us to live a happy, healthy life without struggling with money.

One more thing about the wedding - everything's gonna be blue cause it's the color we both love. And my sister is gonna make my wedding dress so I want to design it myself hence all the dress pictures I've stored in my folder lol.

I bet Andy's a bit surprised that I don't have more plans ready! =D

Comment

Not much, honestly - thinking about the future frightens me. I know that I'll eventually move to the US to live with him and we'll get married, but it's hard to make any plans for our "happily ever after" since I know that will never happen and I'll have to let him go before many girls my age have even settled down yet. But I also don't wanna plan anything beyond his death or get ready for it, it just feels wrong.

I do sometimes think about our wedding and what kind of dress I'd like to wear, though. I really love simple, white dresses with some black on them, like this one.

I also know we won't be having any children, since Jesse is infertile.

Comment

I have planned to never get married and never have kids. It's much easier. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                    I am a planner! But the thing is I don't stick to my plans

I actually have a wedding folder on my laptop where I've collected pictures of dresses, hair-do's and stuff so that when the time comes it'll be easier to decide on those things.

You keep changing your plans though!

And you're definitely not a short term planner

And by the way... preeeeeeeeeetty sure we agreed on a hair-do...
                    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I've not planned anything at all though I do have an idyllic view of how I'd like my life to pan out...like most people tend to do!

The main thing I want is to be a parent. Marriage etc can take a backseat for me - not overly bothered about if I get married or not. Cohabitation is enough for me!

My bf would like kids and isn't that bothered about marriage either. So we match up quite well in that aspect. Though he is 33 now so his biological clock is ticking away whereas I am only 21 in May, but would love to be a mummy by age 25.

I take every day as it comes though - dreams are nice to have but realistically, probably won't pan out and I wouldn't want to be disappointed!

Comment

I definitely do daydream about some of these things, although not super in-depth. I don't have my wedding dress picked out (or napkin rings, hehe fcbella :P) or anything like that, but I do find myself getting drawn in to those wedding shows on TV! And I just found out that a friend of mine who studied abroad in the same Brazilian city where my bf lives, just got engaged to her Brazilian bf! She's my same age (we're in our last semester of college), and I was SO surprised, because I know she's totally in love with him, but I didn't think she'd be 'settling down' so soon! But I haven't told my boyfriend about that, because as much as I do want to get married to him someday, I think he's more eager to do that (being a few years older than me), and i don't want him getting any ideas!

As I mentioned in a post a while ago on the old boards, I do think about having kids A LOT! I love kids and can't wait to have them (only, yes, I can wait, and plan to for a while still). I love daydreaming and thinking about what our kids would look like (as we both look pretty different).

So, yeah, I like to dream, but I also know that life doesn't usually go as planned (heck, meeting my SO on vacation in Brazil was certainly not my plan!), so I don't worry about sticking to my plan. I'll just see where things lead

Comment

babe all we agreed on was that my hair will be curly.... i can still have a hair-do with curly hair

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                            babe all we agreed on was that my hair will be curly.... i can still have a hair-do with curly hair
                            Nope. That's not what we agreed. Long, blonde, curly hair, like you have now please

Great
                            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Whatever *eyeroll*

Comment

XD Andy and Tanja. You guys are too cute. =P

Comment