No announcement yet.

Google Chrome saying LFAD "Malware?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome gave me the error, too. I'm on Safari now...

Comment

uncheck
      Enable phishing and malware protection
      in the Google Chrome settings, you will have to click Show advanced settings to get to it.
      It's weird that it's been doing it even though I've been using LFAD for a long time.

Comment

This is happening to me too on Chrome. Just select Advanced and then click on Proceed at your own risk. If there is actually something there then hopefully you have some other virus protection that will catch it.

Met Online: 02/2012
        Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
        First Met in person: 09/22/2012
        Started Dating: 10/30/2012
        Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

Chrome gave me the error, too. I'm also in IE atm...
          My heart belongs to a pilot!
          ~*~
          ~*~
          [/center]

Comment

I use Chrome, but my laptop is kind of broken. I'm on an iPad, so I don't have to worry about that. My advice is to run an antivirus thing once you're done on here, like norton, just incase. Doesn't hurt to be careful.

Comment

I did as well, good to know I wasnt the only one ^_^"
              First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
              Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
              Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

I got the error too...I just moved passed it and haven't got any problems...yet! lol

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                Married April 18th, 2015!!
                Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I'm also getting it.

Comment

Chrome seems to be the issue - I was just now finally able to log on with Internet Explorer but I hate using IE

Comment

Same here. I'm on my phone right now. Chrome is the issue.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I'm not sure that chrome is the issue - I think whatever piece of code is on the page that is causing chrome's anti-malware warning to kick in is ;-). I am also on my phone at the moment. I know that chrome is known to be over-zealous sometimes but I'd rather not take the risk.
                        So, here you are
                        too foreign for home
                        too foreign for here.
                        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
                          Chrome seems to be the issue - I was just now finally able to log on with Internet Explorer but I hate using IE
                          Using IE right now too. I think it may be an ad.

oogle Chrome has blocked access to this page on members.lovingfromadistance.com.
                          Content from [link removed], a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
                          Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion
                          What is [link removed]? I'm too afraid to actually visit it, but I don't think it's supposed to have any association with LFAD.

Comment

As far as I can tell, there is no malware installed here. I've checked through all the files and have found nothing that was recently added by anyone other than myself.

Also checked google webmaster tools, and it is saying no malware has been detected:

I'm not sure why we're being flagged by chrome. Maybe it is getting our website IP address confused with another site's IP address (when I googled about this situation, that came up as a possibility).
                            Read my LDR story!
                            Facebook
                            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                              As far as I can tell, there is no malware installed here. I've checked through all the files and have found nothing that was recently added by anyone other than myself.

Also checked google webmaster tools, and it is saying no malware has been detected:

I'm not sure why we're being flagged by chrome. Maybe it is getting our website IP address confused with another site's IP address (when I googled about this situation, that came up as a possibility).
                              Actually, Michelle, it's likely coming from one of the adds on the site. Most malware anymore is spread through adds, and most adds utilize some sort of tracking tool. I'll bet that's where the false positive Chrome readings are originating from, there's probably a bit of code in an add here that tracks things. Frequently, that can show up as malware, though it's not usually harmful.
                              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

If you go to Tools - View Source (in Chrome) you'll see the coding of the current page. This is what I found at the bottom of it:

[code removed]

That's the URL Google's warning us about. So I'd say it's a script virus that changed the code of the page. You wouldn't be able to see it as a file on server because it rooted itself in one of the existing files.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                                X