Google Chrome saying LFAD "Malware?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moon View Post
    Actually, Michelle, it's likely coming from one of the adds on the site. Most malware anymore is spread through adds, and most adds utilize some sort of tracking tool. I'll bet that's where the false positive Chrome readings are originating from, there's probably a bit of code in an add here that tracks things. Frequently, that can show up as malware, though it's not usually harmful.
    That would be odd because the only true ads we have are google ads (side of main page and bottom of every page). The rest are not ad codes, they are just images I hyperlinked.

At least I would hope google would not flag a site because of their own ad codes.
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

Weird. [link removed] is a dirt bike forum
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe their site shares servers with LFAD and is infected with malware, that's probably how it spread to us?

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Malaga View Post
          If you go to Tools - View Source (in Chrome) you'll see the coding of the current page. This is what I found at the bottom of it:

[code removed]

That's the URL Google's warning us about. So I'd say it's a script virus that changed the code of the page. You wouldn't be able to see it as a file on server because it rooted itself in one of the existing files.
          Good catch! I deleted it. Let me know if there are still any issues.

Last week I was dealing with a hacker. (some of you may have noticed the forum was wiped clean with just the bare bones text - that was me cleaning up the mess and reuploading stuff). A lot of vbulletin 4 sites were being hacked - vbulletin announced the exploit and instructed on how to fix it. I thought I had gotten rid of everything - and made it so the bots were unable to get in and change things. So hopefully this little bit code was the only thing I missed.
          Read my LDR story!
          Facebook
          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
            Good catch! I deleted it. Let me know if there are still any issues.

Last week I was dealing with a hacker. (some of you may have noticed the forum was wiped clean with just the bare bones text - that was me cleaning up the mess and reuploading stuff). A lot of vbulletin 4 sites were being hacked - vbulletin announced the exploit and instructed on how to fix it. I thought I had gotten rid of everything - and made it so the bots were unable to get in and change things. So hopefully this little bit code was the only thing I missed.
            I was just able to access the site using Chrome. Thanks Michelle!

Comment

I just went through and tried to delete any mention in posts of the code or link that was causing the issue. If you've posted it and I haven't seen it and edited it, please edit your post and remove the bad link. Thanks!
              Read my LDR story!
              Facebook
              Instagram

Comment

Good for me just now!

Comment

Thanks Michelle!!! Working A-OK again!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

yay! so happy for this to be fixed

I was too afraid to come on LFAD over the last few days with the Chrome warning - kept checking back to see if the warning had gone and it has
                    Met Online: February 2009
                    Feelings grew: January 2011
                    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I'm happy it works properly again, I was pleasantly surprised when I didn't get the malware warning as soon as I got here. :3
                      "The road to success is always under construction." - Lily Tomlin

Comment

Yay it's working again now! I was having the same problem before with that weird message. But working fine now!

Comment

Glad its been sorted, got worried it was gone for good!
                          I love you Nathan <3
                          sigpic
                          5/25/09 <3

Comment

Working...
                          X