My Birthday and nothing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Birthday and nothing.

So it was my Birthday on Saturday and it took him until 11pm to say Happy Birthday I miss you, I Love you..

That's all I got from him..

It annoys me because it was his Birthday on Thursday and I went to the effort of going through photos picking a handful, sending them to be printed, sending him a card to his cruise ship, and he is an hour in front so I waiting un till 11pm my time on the Wednesday to send him a birthday message, just so I could be the 1st person to wish him happy birthday.
    ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
    The Vow

Today it*s my birthday and it is 13,20 pm and still no news from him, but I want to be calm and ”forgive” him, because he told me he was not good with dates ... and we only know each other for 5 months! I must be understanding ...

Comment

could he have been busy all day?
      how has he reacted in the past to your bdays?
      My so isnt real big on that kind of stuff and he has a lot going on in his life.
      I know most of us would like some recognition on special days, but sometimes we just gotta take what we get. You make too much out of it and feelings get hurt. Unless it was discussed beforehand that there would be more to it, I would just let it go
      everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

At least he remembered it was your birthday. Were you two texting at all that day prior to him wishing you a happy birthday, or was that the first text that day?

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

You need to communicate what it is you expect for your birthday. My SO and I don't really do presents. But I asked him for earrings last birthday. He didn't get them for me, and that was okay but he also didn't do anything else. I told him that even if he doesn't get me anything I want flowers and I want a card. I wasn't mad, I just made it clear what I expected next time. This is what you need to do.

Comment

Oh, he did call me and wished me Happy Birthday !!! It was in his own specific way - just like saying to an old friend Happy Birthday, but I don*t mind because he is not a romantic person and he is not good with words.
            But I appreciated the gesture!!!! It means much more to me that all the presents in the world!!!! SO, HE DIDN*T FORGET ABOUT ME!!!!

Comment

You've been dating for 3 years, how did he handle your other birthdays? Like Lucybelle suggested, you need to communicate what you want rather than playing guessing games.
              “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Originally posted by butlerfly View Post
                So it was my Birthday on Saturday and it took him until 11pm to say Happy Birthday I miss you, I Love you..

That's all I got from him..

It annoys me because it was his Birthday on Thursday and I went to the effort of going through photos picking a handful, sending them to be printed, sending him a card to his cruise ship, and he is an hour in front so I waiting un till 11pm my time on the Wednesday to send him a birthday message, just so I could be the 1st person to wish him happy birthday.

oooo we're birthday buddies, it was mine on Saturday too. I had to remind my SO about it (he had it in his head all week it was Sunday), he's useless with dates and his present hasn't arrived but I expected that, we had a joke about it. I've threatened to get him a tattoo of my birthday on his wrist for his next birthday!

Comment

His Birthday is 2 days before mine so for other birthdays we just shared it and do things together and then with friends rather than gifts. I like it better that way.

I think I'm just letting it go. If I had received the message 1st thing it would have made me super smile. He said in his message that he has a new manager that day, so I guess that would have kept him busy. So I shouldn't let the time of day get to me.

It would have been nice if he sent me a card when he was in port, but he doesn't think like that.

I think something has been going on at work, his internet visits seem to be short and rushed, and I'm thinking he is running out of money for his internet.
                  It's $40 for 400 mins. He only gets a wage from commission and I have read that the company that he works for has cut it from maybe 9% to like 3%.

Even today.. it was strange.. I got a Whatsapp message from him, so I can only assume that he was off ship and had found somewhere for lunch with free wifi. He sent a couple of messages in reply to what I has sent him, Told me he loves but it was time to go.. he was on at the most 5 mins and usually when I get whatsapp we can be talking 30mins -2 hours.

I think it just got me, I wanted to be with him for his birthday and I wanted to be with him for mine. He is back in just 2 months and I'm sure I will have lots of things to talk to him about..
                  ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
                  The Vow

Comment

Birthdays are a huge deal to me, so I communicated that with my s/o maybe a month or so before my birthday and let him know that it's not about the gifts or anything like that, but I do want some sort of acknowledgement. At this point we had only been dating a couple of months.

On my birthday, he did acknowledge it and made it special. He also told me that if I hadn't told him how I felt about birthdays, he probably wouldn't of remembered as dates, birthdays ect aren't something he ever really made a fuss about.

As some of the posters have said, communicate how you feel. If you wanted him to acknowledge your birthday or any other important dates, make it known.

Comment

The door bell rang this morning as I was getting ready for work. I went to answer it and stood there was the Post Women this a package addressed to me. Inside was about 7 post card from Stephen :-) He had been saving them up and sent them for my Birthday.. Very Happy Girl this morning. :-)
                      The Vow

Comment

Originally posted by butlerfly View Post
                        The door bell rang this morning as I was getting ready for work. I went to answer it and stood there was the Post Women this a package addressed to me. Inside was about 7 post card from Stephen :-) He had been saving them up and sent them for my Birthday.. Very Happy Girl this morning. :-)
                        See? It all worked out in the end! Glad to see you're happy

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
                          See? It all worked out in the end! Glad to see you're happy
                          Now I just feel a little bad for complaining... At least I didn't complain to him.
                          The Vow

Comment

Working...
                          X