Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR- together and scared to be intimate

So...

My boyfriend and I spent 8 months apart. We saw each other every month or two for a couple days. When we were living together this summer I had a hard time getting back into being intimate with him and I have no idea why. It's like I was scared to which is ridiculous to me since we have been intimate many times before. How do I get back to not being "afraid" of that closeness?

You can start by voicing these feelings to him. Breaking the ice is always a good start in these types of situations. Discuss how you feel, doing that small step might bring you a lot closer to him.
    Also, I think you should go easy on yourself. I think everyone in an LDR experiences something similar to that. Every night or airport wait before I see my SO my stomach twists in so many knots and I feel like puking everywhere. Yeah, terrible reaction to something I want and waited so long for! I think some of the "fear" may just be excitement, kind of like you two were having a first time all over again. LDR experiences can be like that since we spend so much time apart.

Comment

I agree with princessmaria, the first step is to talk to him about how you're feeling. It could just be that because you were apart for so long that it may take you a little while to get back into being comfortable with it again. Just make sure you make it clear that it's not that you're afraid of him, it's just that you need to take it slow for a little while.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X