No announcement yet.

when did you say I love you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been almost a year and we haven't said it to each other yet. I pretty much knew I loved him at about the 2-3 month mark though. I'm just sort of waiting for that right moment. I don't want him to feel pressured to say it back if he isn't ready. I know he loves me though. He does certain things that show it he just hasn't said it yet. I almost accidentally say it every day though. It's bound to happen by accident sooner or later. lol

Met Online: 02/2012
    Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
    First Met in person: 09/22/2012
    Started Dating: 10/30/2012
    Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

We had spent all of about 18 days together - We'd had two weeks in the July when we met, then I'd been home for a month and had gone back to see him again. I'd been there for about four days and we had tiptoed around saying the three little words, although we both knew that we felt the same way.

He said it first, half-asleep, slightly drunk, into the pillow. I wasn't sure I'd heard him right, but decided to roll with it and say it back. Not the most romantic story ever, but memorable!
      London girl, American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

Comment

My SO and I had met online, and began taking, and we slowing became really close. Never met in person, but I honestly considered him my closest friend, around 7 months in I started thinking I really loved this guy, he was always on my mind, we just fit really well together, had so much in common, but because it was online and we had never met, I thought maybe I was just crazy ^_^" 10 months after we started talking, I said something goofy and he messaged back with "I love you Rachel, I really mean that" and yeah, after that the rest is history. Both of us had been thinking about it for months before, but because it was you know...internationally long distance, 4000+ miles, 2 different continents, I guess we were both a little worried the other wouldn't fancy the idea. But yeah, 10 months in we said "I love you" now we say it every chance we get
        Last edited by NerdyChick; October 18, 2013, 10:14 AM.
        First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
        Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
        Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

I was quite poorly a couple of months after we officially got together and in a drugged haze I sent him a message saying something like "if anything happens to me, I hope you know I'm 99.99999% sure I love you", we hadn't met by this point. When we met and had spent some time together I said something cheesy like I now know the final 0.000001% is true too

Comment

He said he loved me after one year. Of meeting online. It took me a while to say it back.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
              I was quite poorly a couple of months after we officially got together and in a drugged haze I sent him a message saying something like "if anything happens to me, I hope you know I'm 99.99999% sure I love you", we hadn't met by this point. When we met and had spent some time together I said something cheesy like I now know the final 0.000001% is true too
              That*s such a great idea and such a great way to tell somebody you love them.
              My boyfriend and I never said that, though I do have feelings for him, but I don*t know what name to call them. I guess I am afraid to say it*s love...
              But I do have a question - can 2 people who develop mostly an online relationship (and meet each other in real life rarely) feel love for each other???? I just find it hard to believe, but the thing is I think about him all the time ...

Comment

Originally posted by alizee View Post
                But I do have a question - can 2 people who develop mostly an online relationship (and meet each other in real life rarely) feel love for each other???? I just find it hard to believe, but the thing is I think about him all the time ...
                Absolutely! I was soooo in love with B after 5 months, and 6 months before we actually met. When we did meet, we both knew we were right for each from the first "hello" kiss.
                February 2012 -- met online
                August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                April 2013 -- met in person
                June 2013 -- broke up
                July 2013 -- back together
                August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

We said I love you for the first time about three months after we started talking. May 10th of this year to be exact haha. I'm so lame.

Comment

He said after the first month of knowing each other online. I didn't say it back then which was awkward, but I want to say I said it 2 months after that, then we met in person. It was awesome.
                    https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
                    Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

What a wonderful thread ^^ My guy told me, "I think I love you" a couple months after we started talking regularly. It was so sweet, though I was distressed by it at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by alizee View Post
                        That*s such a great idea and such a great way to tell somebody you love them.
                        My boyfriend and I never said that, though I do have feelings for him, but I don*t know what name to call them. I guess I am afraid to say it*s love...
                        I think so but everyone feels love in a different way. I'm pretty sure I loved my so before we met but meeting him just cemented it. No matter how much I tried there was always a niggling doubt that it wouldn't be the same when we met, that there would just be no connection; I always knew that whatever happened when we did meet we'd get on as I expected us to be at least great friends from the way we had spoken online and on the phone. Luckily when we did meet the feeling intensified for both of us.

Comment

My s/o was the first to say I love you. It happened after our first meeting but before our second meeting. At this point we had been talking daily for a couple of months and had been official for a few weeks. I'm not sure about love at first sight, but I will say that even though I didn't tell him right away, I had mutual feelings. I waited until we were face-to-face during our second visit to share how I felt.

The second visit definitely confirmed what I was feeling.

Comment

Said it to him last week after 6 months. He said it right back with a huge grin

Comment

He said it first, I think around 2 months after we started communicating daily. After about another 2 months of awkwardness, I said it back.

Comment

My SO said he loved me about a couple weeks after we started dating. I waited until a month after we started dating.

Comment

Working...
                                X