No announcement yet.

Are you Facebook official?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes we are. We became FB official after a few months of getting back together and then we changed it to engaged only a couple of days after we got engaged.
    Last edited by LadyDaemon; October 20, 2013, 01:36 AM.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
    Back Together: August 1,2012
    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
    Engaged: January 17,2013
    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

We are, yes. We did it after he went home from our first visit. It was important for us even though I completely get why it wouldn't be for either people. We just felt like we needed o make a statement since things were a bit complicated in our lives.

Met online: 1/30/11
      Met in person: 5/30/12
      Second visit: 9/12/12
      Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

No, we aren't. He doesn't have a FB account. On my profile though, it says I am in a relationship. I think that's all my FB people need to know. :-)

Comment

Stephen and I are, it's actually kind of how he asked me to be his. However, I see no real point in doing it. Facebook is too open. At the same time, though, is he trying to hide you for some reason?

Comment

I put "in a relationship" after 8? months together mostly because I was getting flirty messages from another man.
            ~~~

Comment

I have two (for various reasons). One says that I'm "In a relationship" and the other says that I'm engaged to him. Tbh, it has said that we were engaged since about a month or so after we got together. He is the one that sent the original request and the one that sent the request to change it. I don't think being official on facebook is a huge deal though honestly. I guess it's nice to have around if you spend alot of time on there and talk to a lot of people but it's nothing major. I was in various types of 'relationships' on there with one of my friends for a little while, just because, and we have never actually been together. SO was 'married' to someone else on there for a while before we got together as well. If it's bothering you just talk to him about it. ^_^;
              "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
              This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
              Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

We've been FB official ever since we started dating. Over 6 months now <3
                As we got more serious, it just kind of came up. Made sense. There was no rush to do it though. We took our time.

Comment

It sounds a bit repetitive to say now that he doesn't have a facebook profile I have lots of pictures of us (and him) on mine, though, and most of my friends know him to a certain extent, so I guess in a sense we are.
                  I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

We're not, we've never been the type to make these announcements on FB. We do have lots of pics of and with each other on our respective profiles but for some reason putting up a relationship status seems too flashy. lol weird logic. But anyway, we're happy about it. I think once we start living together and get married, we might change it, but before it's just pointless.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

We are. On a related note, my GF and I decided to see how people would react if we changed it.

We changed it to 'It's complicated' and people thought that we were fighting. We removed it completely and people thought that we broke up.

(Because obviously I would change my relationship status on FB before telling people...)

Comment

We're facebook official. Married and all, I even took his made-up last name on facebook.

People make fun of facebook, but I think it's a nice way to let people know, without calling or speaking to everyone individually.

My SO didn't have facebook when we started dating, but when he got one, he made his relationship status as in a relationship with me

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

My s/o and I aren't Facebook official and I really don't feel the need to be. Now if we were to get engaged, even married-maybe then but for right now I'm okay with us not being Facebook official or Facebook friends for that matter...

Comment

No we aren't. We kind of just don't care to, and he's hardly even on facebook. Plus I have a lot of nosey face book friends and dont really want to advertise everything in my life. My family and friends know, so that's all that matters to me.

Comment

After our first date/kiss, we hid our relationship status/set it to "no information given" because it would have felt weird (for me, at least) for it to say "single". But it took another three or four weeks for us to make our relationship "Facebook official". We also wanted to wait until I had returned home, told my parents etc. because it would've been rude to let them know via Facebook.
                              first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
                              second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

No and that decision was made by me, he’d be happy to change it. I have too many nosey friends and family that only want to know my business. The important people in my life know.

Comment

Working...
                                X