visitors visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

visitors visa?

i know Denise had to have one to come see me but now do i need one to go visit her for 3 months???

I think that depends on the country you are in and the country you are travelling too. There should be a list or something that states which countries you would require a visa to travel too.

Comment

i dont know where to look for that

Comment

Which country do you reside in and which country does your SO reside in?
        I found my information on a official information thingy website :/

Comment

Im in the USA(Connecticut) and she's in the UK(Scotland)

Comment

I just did a quick google search and it doesn't look like you need to apply for a visa.
            Here's the link:
            https://www.myvisapassport.com/Visa-UK-Tourist.html

It says U.S. citizens do not need a visa to enter the United Kingdom for tourism or business purposes. So yay?

Comment

thanks!

Comment

You are welcome but just in case you should research it a tiny bit more as i only looked at it quickly. =)

Comment

i'll give them a call sometime tomarrow

Comment

As far as I know, you do not need a visa if you will be in Scotland for no more than 90 days and you have no plans on working. It's always a good idea to double-check. How exciting!!!

Comment

Usually if you are coming from the US a visa is not needed if you are staying 90 days or less. It's coming into the US from another country that you need a visa if you are not a US citizen. You will go through immigration when you land in Scotland and they will stamp your passport with the date you have to leave by. When you go I suggest making a copy of your passport and carry that around with you for ID purposes. That way you don't carry around your passport and risk losing it.
                      it's not a dream anymore, it's worth fighting for

Comment

checking around online I've found several sites that state you don't need a visa, just your passport, but you'll want to 1) make sure if your plane doesn't land there but DOES land in England, you might need a visa there, and 2) I'm sure Denise can help you confirm.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

ive looked around myself online and looking it up if your staying for 6 months or less you dont need a visa. i think im actually gonna stay for 6 months because going back "home" after the 3 months is up i know i wont survive it, but if i stay for 6 months i know if everything goes well the month after i leave they'll move to NC and shortly after so will i

Comment

Working...
                          X