Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your Christmas plans?

Hi guys!

Just wondering what are your Christmas plans? Are you going to be lucky enough to spend it together with your SO? Or just Skype, call, text during Christmas? And if you have been together for many years how have you usually handled it?

I'm so happy, my SO just booked flights to my hometown for the whole Christmas and he is going back after New Years Eve. Couldn't be happier and I love that he will see how me and my family spend Christmas the only thing bothering me is that I'm taking him away from his family for Christmas... he assured me it is totally OK, they don't have special traditions or anything, and that his mother said that she is happy when she knows he is happy. Still I can't help but feel bad - for me Christmas is such an important family holiday! But maybe I should just believe it is OK and I have nothing to worry about

I'll be spending it with my daughter and my family, we were really hoping that my SO would be here for it this year but work and flights mean it's not possible. Last year we just spoke on the phone and I suspect it will be the same this year.

Comment

I'm going to the Netherlands with my GF to spend Christmas with her sister/brother-in-law who live there.

It'll be my first time there so I'm really excited!

Comment

Haven't thought that far yet
        My SO will most likely be coming over between Christmas and New Year, at least that is the plan, like last year.
        I will be spending Christmas with my family and children.

Comment

Last year I was back in my home country so we couldn't be together. I gave him a gift to open on Christmas day before I left, and we managed to Skype that day despite the 10h time difference.

This year I'll be going to see him and spending a month down in our apartment with our cat We've already planned that we'll be shopping for Christmas décor together and will probably get a personalized ornament to stick on a small tree
          So, here you are
          too foreign for home
          too foreign for here.
          Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I'll spend it with my SO, but I'm not sure where and with whom we'll spend it.

Comment

I've been spending my Christmas break with my SO every year we've been together. I do miss being at home with my family, but it's one of the few times I can be with him. My family is Hindu and his is Catholic, and while neither of us are religious, I wouldn't want him to miss out on celebrations at home. Also, getting a break from the Canadian winter for some sun and palm trees is hard to pass up! Also, it's hysterical to see Christmas decorations without mountains of snow around. So weird..
              Last edited by CanadianGirl; November 5, 2013, 08:20 AM.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I'll be with my man this christmas!
                He bought some tree decorations last year and we hope we can have a small tree in our room, but if not we're going to have a big tree in the apartment downstairs. We're also going to take a ride and look at all the beautiful christmas decorations and take pictures for my family American Christmas HELL YEAH

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                Married: 1/24/2015
                Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

My SO is coming a week before Christmas, so he won't be here for it I would also feel bad taking him away from his family for Christmas, but I guess i'll get to celebrate with him a week before, so it's okay

Comment

This is the last Christmas that my SO and I can spend with our own families before we get married, so we'll spend the day with family and then we'll probably see each other after that, since we live in the same city when he's home from college.

Comment

I'll be going back to London to spend Christmas and New Years with my SO.

Comment

We'll be having a Christmas on video call again. It's more difficult for us to get together over Christmas because direct flights from Vancouver to Manchester are only offered May time through October, and he doesn't like the idea of me on a direct flight (which would also be longer travel time, so I'm not too fond of it either, plus more chance for the luggage to get lost..) or I'd have to get an expensive taxi from the airport to his place.. I did that my first visit, because it was in November and I didn't realize how far London was from his place either.. and the other factor is that we are very strapped for cash now that we are both uni students, trying to get better jobs eventually for our future, but in the mean time, we have to go without some visits. it's okay though, because it will still be a great Christmas, and we have done this since we met, and it's going to be good

Comment

Quiet one at home with my SO and my Pooch. We'll do presents and I'll cook a christmas dinner for us. Then we'll skype with both our families at some point during the day- we couldn't really afford to go to either of our parents houses this year, probably won't next either, but its awesome to have each other now and start our own traditions

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Won't be spending Christmas with my SO unfortunately The flights are too expensive around that time of year and I only get 1,5 weeks off uni. Spending 4 days travelling there and and back just won't work out. I'll be visiting my family in the UK though. I'm excited because I don't see them nearly enough either. It would be amazing if I had my SO there with me !

Comment

We're flying to see his family at the beginning of December, but we'll be spending Christmas in Maryland with the kitties. Not our first Christmas together, but it is our first one as a family!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X