No announcement yet.

What are your Christmas plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're spending Christmas with my SO's family in Poland. Just like we did the past two years, nothing new here.
    Last year my mum was with us, which was awesome, but I don't think she'll get off work this year

We're going to open our presents for each other when we get back home, though, because it makes no sense to take them there and back just to open them with the family

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I am very fortunate to be able to spend about a month with my SO over christmas. He's coming on the 13th of december, then we'll (most likely) be flying back on January 3rd together and I'll stay there for about a week and a half, maybe two. His dad is here already and his mom is flying in with him, so they'll be able to be together on Christmas. This will be our first Christmas together (last year he left for Texas for a month) and probably our last for a little while. We will for sure make the best of it!
      started dating: 12/08/12
      "i love you": 04/12/13
      el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
      montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
      el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
      montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
      el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
      el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
      el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
      san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
      san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

My SO and I are very fortunate to be together again this year for Christmas and New Year's Eve. I've went to him for the past two Christmases and spent time with him and his family in Sweden, so now it's his turn to come here and experience an American Christmas. He'll be here for about a month and a half. We're really hoping this is the last time we'll have to part after the holidays are over.
        sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Since we are close distance already we will be spending Christmas here in Austria with my family. I think it's the third year in a row we spend Christmas with my family, so I really really hope that next Christmas we can afford tickets to go visit his family over the Christmas holidays!

The awesome thing is that my bf's brother is studying in Spain for this semester and he will spend the holidays here with us!! I'm so excited!

Comment

We don't know, yet. He wants to go home to his family for Christmas because he hasn't really seen them in two years, however the flights are expensive and by the time he will have the money saved up, the prices will have gone up again, but who knows.
            If that doesn't work out he is coming here to celebrate with my family which includes 3 days of Christmas - one with my dad, one with my mum and one day Swedish Christmas at the country home with my Grandma. (Not stressful at all -.-)
            Would love to have him here of course, but also want him to get a chance to see his family and friends back home

Comment

We will be spending Christmas and New Years on separate continents this year. I celebrated x-mas/new years here last year, and the year before that I was in Australia with my family, so I am sort of missing the good 'ol Christmas celebrations at home which is partially why I am going home for that period of time. Other than that, a lot of other things come in play as well, such as expiring visa, a need to renew my passport, needing to get my education sorted out, and lets not forget that my parents would kill me if I stayed another week longer than 6 months :P xD

We were discussing that my SO would maybe come with me back to Sweden and we could celebrate together (plus, he hasn't had a swedish Christmas yet!) but the economy and times just don't fit together right now, so we'll take that next year So yeah, I suppose this year, Christmas will be spent over Skype

Met online: February 2011
              Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

We've already said that we want to spend Christmas together this year (we have ever since being together; it would be our 6th one). Only obstacle is that I'm job hunting and depending what kind of job I get, I may have to work part of or most of Christmas. I've missed the past 3 Thanksgivings due to work; I may this year too. We'll see how it all works out!

Comment

Hopefully, if everything works out, I will be spending Christmas here with my SO and both our families First Christmas we were together until the 23rd when I flew back, last Christmas I spent Christmas with him house sitting for his family. Hopefully we can get a system started with every second Christmas with my family, every second with his
                  We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

This will be the first christmas in two years I'll get to spend it with my family.

Comment

We're going to be lucky this year in that I am going over to Sweden to meet him and his family for the first time over Christmas/New Years for 6 weeks Really exciting. First white Christmas too, I think I'm in for a bit of a shock with the cold. It'll be one extreme to the next! Honestly I've been getting a bit bored of our own family Christmas traditions, as we always seem to have it at my brother's and they always do the same Jamie Oliver Christmas meal which I don't really like :P Of course, this year, I'm not going to be there, and they're planning to have it at my other brother's house for the first time *facepalm*. First Christmas away from home, but I know my SO and his family will make me feel very welcome and I can't wait.

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
                      Started Dating - 08.11.12
                      First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
                      Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
                      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                      22 / 60

Comment

December 2011, we spent Christmas on Skype together for the whole day. We watched each other open gifts and watched Christmas movies.
                        December 2012, I flew over there and we bought a Charlie Brown Christmas tree and it was a sweet mellow Christmas in NL.

Onward to December 2013....
                        I am beyond happy to say that on Christmas Eve this year I will be picking him up at the Airport. We are staying here for the holidays this year and then flying back to NL on January 7th. We have plans to stay in Philly for a few days and walk about all the city and enjoy it's best it has to offer for Christmas and then go stay with a mutual friend and have some serious geek out time with Scifi and Video games. The day after Christmas we will travel down to spend the day with my daughter. We are going to spend NYE in full white tie going to hear the Philly pops. I hope to find a nice place to grab some Hoagies for Christmas dinner and a nice wine bar for NYE before the show.
                        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I will be spending Christmas with my family, but the day after Christmas I am flying to Germany to be with my SO, and I will stay there for 3 weeks!!!!

Comment

It'll be the first christmas I get to spend with my SO, yay! He moves over to me a little over a week beforehand, so we'll be spending it with my family, part of the day with mum and the other half with dad and other relatives. So excited to finally get to share it with it, it's my favourite time of the year and he's finally stopped being a grinch about christmas now that he can share it with me, haha. I feel very special

Comment

I am in Canada now but for Xmas I am going home and spending 3 weeks with my man and family! and of course as much as possible, 24/7 together

Comment

No, my trip to see him is his semester break, Nov. 20 to Dec. 1. I thought it was probably too soon for Christmas together since both of our families have different cultural traditions. We're planning on him coming for Christmas with my family next year though and then I'd go to his the following year.
                                When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
                                no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Working...
                                X