Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help for academic report - Rate your SO & you

Hi,
    I'm doing an academic report on "The Relative Attractiveness of Couples". It's very simple, since besides using Social exchange theory and some other theories, I've been rating couples on the street.
    The hypothesis is that people often date partners with similar attractiveness. So I've been rating couples on the street from 1 to 10, to see for an example if people on a level 3 could manage to date somebody from level 6 or higher. So far it seems like it's true that people date according to their own level of attractiveness - since the biggest jump so far is 2 digits (like a 6 and an 8).

Now for the final part of my report, I would like to include the own opinion of couples. So what I ask of you is to rate yourself and your SO from 1 to 10 (10: being supermodel level).
    I do not need to see any pictures and I will not be judging anything, all I wish to see if people themselves feel like their romantic partner fits their own level of attractiveness. What I need is actually the possible numbers separating you and your SO and not the rate itself. So if you don't feel like giving you and your SO an exact number, you can also just tell me if you feel that you're the same number or maybe your SO are two numbers above you or something like that.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you.

I think we're about the same number.
    "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Depends on the day. Most of the time I think we're even. Some days I think he's 1-2 higher than me.

Comment

I'd say my SO and I are the same number.

Comment

I would not ever think to put numbers on us! I feel rather good about my looks, and I think my SO is very attractive - of course. I certainly don't feel that any of us is less attractive than the other, I find the idea a little absurd. Maybe not so helpful but there you go .
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My SO is tall, light hair and hazel/brownish eyes and has very defined shoulders and arms, I am short, dark hair, dark eyes and chubby. I'd say I'm a level 3 and he's a 6.

Comment

Thank you for the replies so far! It's very helpful. <3
              Keep them coming! ^^

Comment

I think we're pretty even. I may give him a point or 2 higher than me.

Comment

I think it fluctuates, in my mind anyways, between him being higher and me being higher. Only ever a difference of a point though.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I think I am a 7 and he is an 8

Comment

I would say that my GF is a good 1-2 points above me. She gets the attention of the opposite sex much more so than myself. I also see lots of men look at her, especially if it's not obvious that she isn't alone.
                      Last edited by Tooki; November 13, 2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I'd say he's about 1-2 levels above me...

Comment

I'd say we're about the same....he has youth on his side though

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                            Depends on the day. Most of the time I think we're even. Some days I think he's 1-2 higher than me.
                            This

Comment

I'm probably about a 4 or 5 and my SO is probably a 5 or 6 (when he cuts his hair right).
                              Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                              Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                              Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
                              X