pushing back the date....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pushing back the date....

We recently found out he has to take summer courses in order to have enough credits to transfer to the school down here. the plan was for him to move here during the summer. currently, there is no set date now. or even really an amount of months i can count down. we wont know anything thats written in stone until he gets his summer schedule X_X but the guess is another ten months... we were down to six. feeling very pessimistic and not even wanting to count down the ten. idk about you guys, but counting down makes it a bit easier for me. i feel like itll blow up in my face again.

October and November have not at all been good months for me. so im excited for this month to end, and hoping it takes this bad luck along with it. have to stay a little optimistic, right?

I'm so sorry that's happened to you! You guys can make it -- I have faith in you. Love always finds a way

These haven't been good months for me either...which sucks, because fall's my favorite season!

We'll get through this together chin up, love yourself, give yourself a reason to smile every day!

-Lori

Comment

Hey cupcake, I know exactly how you are feeling, me and my SO had a very similar realization about 1 month ago ... got pushed from 6 to maybe 10 months with no guarantee

I don't really have any advice for you, just hugs and stay strong. Like LLL said, chin up, be kind to yourself and we'll get through it together!

Comment

I know how you feel, it will all be worth it in the end!
        Whats those 8 months on the life time that you will be spending together
        "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

Ah I'm sorry Will there be any opportunities for you to meet during that time?

Comment

my so and i went thru the same thing. He is working on his masters and was originally told he would graduate in December '13. Was going to move here first of the year. Found out in Sept the director of the program changed and changed the whole program, now he wont finish till July '14.
            You deal with it. life is full of unexpected change, and nothing is ever set in stone.
            How many credits is he taking? Has he already applied and been accepted at your school? or atleast talked to the person in charge of the program he is enrolling in? make sure he gets all that done asap. And look into anything else that will need to be done for the transfer to go smoothly (go ahead an send hs transcripts, etc sent)
            everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Ohno, I'm so sorry about that. I know how annoying it can be...
              Will you be closing the distance after these months though ? I think having that in mind will also make it easier.
              Not having to wait all this time for just a visit, but being together for good.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about the situation you and your SO are in. Don't let this get you down though! Keep your chin up high and look forward to the positive things! I know it's easier said than done, but you can do it!
                sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

I just went through the same thing. My and SO's parents changed their minds last minute So instead of January, we are pushed back until sometime between May and August. Which is such a big time frame... Although things feel difficult now, you'll get used to it and before you know it you'll be in his arms. As the others have said, stay positive. Also, stay busy! You'll be surprised about how many less days you have to countdown when you've been keeping busy.
                  started dating: 12/08/12
                  "i love you": 04/12/13
                  el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                  montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                  el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                  montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                  el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                  el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                  el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                  san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                  san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

no. we've never gotten to visit each other. we don't have the money. he's going to have to extra courses soon as well, so he wont have time for a job. and i leave in the kind of town you have to know the right people to get a job. >.<

Comment

yes, after all this it will finally be the end of the madness! haha. we're hoping to move in together shortly after he moves to GA, since we're planning on going to the same college.

Comment

The same thing kinda happened to me :/. I worked and saved money for two years to be able to close the distance this past May when I graduated...but I couldn't get a job...the jobs I literally almost had, I didn't end up getting...August-present has been awful for me, and I'm trying so hard to just look at that silver lining...but I'm the type who tends to think in the moment, so even though I know its only five more months, it has been dragging on forever. We were supposed to close the distance in August and it didn't happen. We both understand that sometimes, things happen in life and plans change, but that didn't make it any easier to swallow, you know? This is the longest we've gone without a break...we're been LD since his last Christmas break last school year....but the big CD was the summer of '12....so it'll be 1.5-2 years of straight LD and man, I'm just burnt out.

Comment

omg. that's awful D: We've had scares of having to go years, because if we dont end up at the same school then it'll be LD for a total of five years. and the scare of it alone shook me horribly. this is my first LDR, because i know im not really cut out for it. (have to try for the right one though, eh?) Anyone who goes years with it is really a hero and an idol in my eyes. Im sure if it comes to it, i'll have the strength. but hopefully we'll get visits then.

Comment

My advice on this? Don't take your plans (especially about school) too serious. Of course it's important to receive a proper education to support your carrier in later life, but everything can happen. I started college this year in september and I thought we will be LD for three more years until I graduate... But then I just found out I HATE the school I was in, I don't like it and I don't want to study at all... So I'm quitting now and we are moving together next month

Comment

Originally posted by lilcupcake View Post
                              omg. that's awful D: We've had scares of having to go years, because if we dont end up at the same school then it'll be LD for a total of five years. and the scare of it alone shook me horribly. this is my first LDR, because i know im not really cut out for it. (have to try for the right one though, eh?) Anyone who goes years with it is really a hero and an idol in my eyes. Im sure if it comes to it, i'll have the strength. but hopefully we'll get visits then.
                              Yea we've been LD since August of 2009. :/ I'm so sick of this it's not even funny. I transferred to his school our sophomore year (we started college at the same time) because I was absolutely miserable in the school I was in for various reasons...so I went to his and I graduated there this past May. It's a long story but the school we were in didn't have his major...sorta...so he had to transfer (which I knew all along. I went to his school knowing he was gonna transfer eventually)...so 3 years of straight LD. He's in his last year since his program is 5 years, not 4. SUCKS! But it'll be worth it, I know it TT___TT!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X