Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: What has been going on since Monday

Hey LFAD Friends,

Last time I posted a thread everything seemed to be going wrong and I felt like I hit rock bottom Well things have died down and haven't been so tense. My parents are beginning to understand that I'm not their little girl anyone and I'm going to make my own decisions. I had a talk with them last night and they told me that they have my best interest and they must listen and understand to what I have to say, but at the same time they are going to respond when they do not think I am making the best decision; which I understand that because they are my parents, and they want what's best for me. My appetite has been super weird the past few days, now I'm eating more, and my appetite is coming back. As far as me and my so, we are still working things out and taking it one day at a time. My so and I had a deep conversation last night and he told me that we're getting closer to the point where we can be official again! Him saying that my heart jump and me smile from ear to ear I was so happy!!

This is all that parents want. being opebn and honest with them will help to bring you all closer, and help them with the little girl growing up. if you never express your opinion and wants/desires, they are going to continue to treat you as they have. Once you start expressing yourself as an adult, they will start treating you as one.
    everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Wasn't the parent issue the only reason your SO was mad? Why would he say "we might be able to be official soon?" Obviously there are other issues...

Comment

Honestly if my SO told me he was the one to decide if we were 'officially together' or not I'd be out the door. Waiting around for someone to decide whether or not I'm good enough for them isn't my style.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMolly View Post
          Honestly if my SO told me he was the one to decide if we were 'officially together' or not I'd be out the door. Waiting around for someone to decide whether or not I'm good enough for them isn't my style.
          This. It is never your job to keep him interested or to convince him that you can live up to some standard.

Comment

Working...
          X