Counting the days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counting the days

I haven't posted anything in a while and I felt like venting a bit. Things have been good for my SO and I.Life has been busy these past few months, but not busy enough for me not to miss him like crazy. It's been 5 months since we have seen each other and it feels like it is getting harder each day. Luckily, I will be going to visit him next month. We are both excited and can't wait to spend some time together. It's hard for me to think about anything else at this point. He is all I think about. We are hoping to close the distance some time next year. Right now, I am counting the days until I find myself in his loving arms. 28 more days, and each day feels like forever. I shouldn't complain because I know that many ldr couples don't get to see each other often. I am fortunate to have an opportunity to visit him. He has been a true blessing in my life. His love is what gives me strength to get through each day.

Yea I've heard lots of people say it's supposed to get easier over time, and I guess to some extent it does...but at least for me, as the days go on and on, no amount of keeping busy does it for me anymore. I'm very lucky as well, the longest my SO and I have ever gone without seeing each other is four months, and that was HELL HARD. Each couple is different! That was our first year of our relationship as well as being LD. Our second year dating we were CD, then our 3-5 were/are LD. The longest we ever went without seeing each other after that first year is 6 weeks. My SO and I are also closing the distance next year, and I feel like this is the hardest the distance has ever gotten. The home stretch is so hard but we'll make it! *fivemoremonthsfivemoremonths* >.<

Just keep trying to do things that keep yourself busy, cuz if you don't, missing him will be that much harder and worse ;(. Sorry you're having a hard time. We're in similar boats. It will get better and if you try really hard to not think about how many days you have left, but rather how many days you've survived, the days will go by faster!

Best of luck

Comment

I know how you're feeling right now. We're been apart for five months now, too. I'm going insane !
      The 28 days might seem to be going painfully slow, but compared to the 150+ days you've already done, it doesn't seem that bad, right ? That's how I try to think of it. I really hope this next month will fly by for you. Take care

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging words. It always help to come here and know I am not alone. I wish you the best and may the time go by fast until you close the distance

Comment

Working...
        X