Forgetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgetting

I have forgot a couple things about my boyfriend. When I asked him, he got upset and said I don't care to remember stuff about him. He retold me and I managed to remember some of it. Is this bad? I do care, I just forget things. Any idea how to ask him.. Again? And how to remember?

I'm the same way and its not that I don't care its that I just don't remember things easily. I often times will save convo's we have online and bookmark things that he likes so, that it makes it easier to remember when I look back on them. I think you're fine. If you are like this with other things and not just him then he should understand that and not get so upset with you. Try thinking of ways that will help you remember and have him help you with that.

Met Online: 02/2012
    Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
    First Met in person: 09/22/2012
    Started Dating: 10/30/2012
    Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

I agree with what kayla_622 said.. but really, write things down. Nothing to be ashamed of. If it's going to help you remember, keep notes. Eventually after having it written down for awhile you'll just remember it. Boyfriend and I are always asking each other things that we've asked before. There are so many other things to remember, it isn't always easy to remember every single little detail about someone. I STILL forget what college football teams he likes and doesn't like, my excuse is that I don't know anything about college football, so when I ask him a million times, he doesn't get upset. Just let him know that you do care about him and love him, it's just difficult for you to remember everything all the time.
      Last edited by Sarah96; December 7, 2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Thank you!! You both really helped a lot!

Comment

It is perfectly normal to not remember everything. It happens on both sides, usually... My SO asked a million times what was the name of the hotel I planned booking him into. Also other stuff he does not remember easily. And I once managed to forget who was his brother! I got comfused.... He was like; but you talked to him! Well, I told him Skype (and Facebook pictures where he looked very different) made it blurry. I have had that happen a couple of times with other people, and I know it is not because I don't care about him, it is just that some people look very different from time to time depending on weather or not they have lost/gained weight, are happy/sad etc. Just try whatever you can to remember (I had to write down his birthday to remember it).
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My SO has a bad memory ! I used to get upset at him about it, like your SO does to you, and I'd say the same things. But overtime I learned that he wasn't doing it on purpose, he really does just forget. It still gets frustrating from time to time, but I understand him better now so it works out. I help him out .

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
              My SO has a bad memory ! I used to get upset at him about it, like your SO does to you, and I'd say the same things. But overtime I learned that he wasn't doing it on purpose, he really does just forget. It still gets frustrating from time to time, but I understand him better now so it works out. I help him out .
              Amem sistah! My SO is that way too

If I were in your place, I would do this. Let's say you and your SO just had a conversation. I would read over it one more time, just to refresh your memory. And when I miss my SO, I read our old chats to remind myself of what he said

Comment

Thank you, everyone! Such great help!!! I'm remembering stuff better now as I write things down and I repeat it to myself later. I will save chats but I'll have to stick to writing things down when we talk over Xbox or the phone. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X