Money issues & change in plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money issues & change in plans

Hello, so, after I wented here about my SO's mother, I'm here with another issue
    Me and my SO had plans to spend christmas with my family, and it's something both us and my family looked forward to. But now my SO found out about his unpayed debt on health insurance (yeah, unresponsible as hell, by he is still mine and I love him lol), and in order to receive some payment calendar that he would be able to pay he has to pay one third of the debt NOW. So it looks like he won't be able to afford to even pay for the ticket to see my family, because he currently doesn't have any income (unemployed for third month... it really stress him out).
    Of course I am willing to help him, because it is not a huge amount, and I think my paycheck will be able to pay for both his debt and tickets to see my family. But he told me he doesn't want me to pay for it and that he should be responsible for his own failures and should figure it out with money completely by himself. Just men...
    So, my question is - do you think I should ignore him and pay for his things anyway? Or should I respect his choice and go to see my family alone? (sigh) And if yes, how should I tell them he is not coming? I don't want them to know about his money issues...
    Thanks in advance for all the responses!

Pay for one of the two things and tell him to pay you back when he has a job again.
    first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
    second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Let him pay for his debt and you pay for the tickets -- make it his Christmas gift from you.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Pay for the tickets as a surprise so he can't back out of it >
        Made it official: 12-01-10
        First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
        Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

tell him to swallow his "pride" and that you really "need" him to go along with you!

Comment

Working...
          X