He's a work acholic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's a work acholic

I just have a simple question. How do many of you deal with LDR and being real busy with working. I've tried talking to him by text once about it,He said he understands but theres no progress.I know hes tired he works 16 hr shifts 7 days a week now (hes been promoted 2 times since we've met).How can I be understanding and happy as I could be if im always being understanding and worried about others feelings?Dont get me wrong when we do talk its amazing but i even asked for once a week for like a hr or 2 . To me that's compromising .

Does he get breaks? Maybe ask if he can talk to you then every day.
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

From next month my so will be working 10 hour shifts plus about 1 hour workout. Since we also have 1 hour time difference that does not leave much daily time. And unless bad weather that is how he will work for 7 days a week for 9-10 months. Typically, he texts, calls or Skypes if he has proper breakes. We also used to Skype for 2 hours each night, now it is typically 30 -60min.It might be even less as he has exams as well. But we have some contact each day. Also i aim at visiting him every 6 weeks, and then i will get to hang at his job work is important and relationships should be maintained too.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Tell him how your communication with him is vital, I also personally I would think positive note as LONG he continues to have the same strong feelings we have and BOTH equally can share some sacrifices it does not hurt a bit.

I hope it will get better for you, dear!

Comment

Its hard when your SO Is busy and being in a LDR. It feels very frustrating, but just bear with it and you can make it through it.

Comment

Hi there,
            Personally... I feel that people make times for things when they really want to.

That being said, maybe his priorities REALLY need to be on his work right now, which is understandable. There are days when my SO and I barely speak but the fact that we can't talk is communicated. Even just a text that says "Today sucks... really busy, will try to call later." and then later on "Still busy, can't call, sorry. Miss you."
            (Sometimes I am the one sending them, I teach so there are times when he can talk and I am with my students!)

Those texts mean the world to me. Maybe suggesting that to your SO? Letting him know that just the fact that he sends those can show you that he's thinking of you even while buried under work...
            One time my SO was working all day (he's in the Navy) and they were out on a tiny boat while the sun had set hours ago and he said that he would call me as soon as he could... he couldn't. So he sent me a video message showing me where he was and that he was sorry he wouldn't be able to call that night.
            That was all it took for me.

I hope the two of you can work out a compromise!

All the best,
            Stormy

Met in July 2006
            Dated very briefly in November 2006
            Reconnected in July 2011
            Something changed in August 2013
            He visited in November 2013
            I traveled in November 2013
            I visit in February 2014

Comment

Hello My SO is often doing long shifts, like 16 hours as just today .... Also he got second job recently to have more money. I am finishing uni, so I am quite busy myself. What proved to be good for us is sharing our schedule for the upcoming week or at least few days. That way we know when we can expect to have time for each other and also we can plan some longer time spent together, like skype dates or when we need to talk about something important.

Comment

We both work long days and because of the five hour time difference it really does limit the available time. Somehow we do manage to make contact every day and schedule in a long chat on a Sunday. Some days it isn't possible to speak/video chat but there is messaging and leaving voice messages, sending video clips, photos etc. There is always a way round things if you look hard enough.

Comment

Thanks you all for your advice! I mean he often text me and say im thinking of you or miss you baby . Sometimes when i cal he always answer the phone. I ha to learn from my past relationships to pay attention to the little things he does.We tango maybe once a week ..I think i will kind of confront him more on my concerns because I know we can get through this . I know his feelings are strong for me as well when we meet for the secound time he told me I will be his future wife he will marry me . We both initially werent looking for anything serious it sort of just happend so its new to us <3 #patience and communication is key !

Comment

Working...
                  X