Keeping Up with the Communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping Up with the Communication

No not kardashians lol 😛 but my problem is my honey can be lazy when it comes to texts. (we both use this app. called Line) what are other ways you guys do to communicate?! And of course keep it going too 😎

Skype. Call (I bought a card to make it cheaper). Facebook. Posting video messages in Skype or via email. Sending cards and gifts in the post. Visiting...
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

We met in an online game and really got to know each other over aim. Aim is our main form of communication during the day while we are both working. Skype and the phone are our main line of communication after work. We make sure to talk on the phone at least once a day even if it's only for 5 minutes. A lot of time we just keep Skype up in the evening and even when we aren't talking we are just able to see each other go about our evenings. Cause we're love struck dorks.

I LOVE waking up to or coming home to a Skype video message/voicemail.

Comment

Remember some people just don't communicate the same way. Please share your need with your SO. My love language is words of affirmation, so I love emails, letters, and such, but my SO isn't that way. He understands my need, though, so he tries. Ecards are great for interacting, and some of them are fun. Google free ecards for ideas. I like egreetings.com, but there are others. Skype has been the biggest blessing in my ldr, and I don't know how we'd survive without it. It opens up a whole new world of possibilities. You can buy a webcam fairly cheap and Skype is free. Wow, are there ever a bunch of ideas there. Online games are fun, too. My SO enjoy playing chess online. It is fun to watch his moves. You can get a private Tumblr to share. Talk with your SO and see what ideas would work.

Comment

We mostly use facebook and video call (Skype, Oovoo, and we've used Google hangouts in the past or when Skype/Oovoo fails). Occasionally we text, mostly me if the internet isn't working good, and we've called before too mostly if the internet isn't working good (in this case, using Skype and getting one of the packages to call UK mobiles in my case, but you can look up their plans).

Some people do have different communication styles and needs, he might be busier right now.. but try and communicate with him that you would like to talk more.. ask him whether he would prefer another message of communication and say how much you appreciate when he texts you. I think video calls are good because you can spend time with each other without the pressure to talk, you can both be even just browsing on the internet or doing work and then when one of you finds something interesting you can share it and it's more of a natural way of communicating. You just have to find what works for you both.

Comment

Email mainly....we were using some IM services (Facebook, Google Talk/Hangouts) but emails always come through and are never down. We also text -- I have a smartphone and he doesn't so when he's not near a computer it's text. Otherwise, I can get email when I'm out and about.

I always feel bad that he needs to stay home to communicate with me. But he's a self-admitted homebody, so he doesn't mind so much.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I'm liking these responses and I'm getting some ideas thank you so much! It's much appreciated!

Comment

Oh hey, you're in Japan, too! \m/

Anyway, I'm planning on installing Line on my phone at some point because, I think, when I mentioned that to my girl she went right ahead and installed it on hers. xD But we use Skype 95% of the time because it just gives you more flexibility. I've read Line doesn't allow you to log out, and plus your conversations aren't saved on your hard drive but rather on the Line's designated server. With Skype, you can log out as you see fit, and your chat logs are saved on your hard drive. It may be heavier and guzzles on your phone's battery power like crazy, but Skype seems to give you a little more privacy than Line for those reasons. And I know it's such an irony too, to be saying that about one of the companies that are part of the PRISM surveillance program according to Edward Snowden! lol xD

At any rate, I think the trick is to know a few different means of communicating with each other. With my girlfriend and myself, we have a few different ways of getting in touch with each other. One is Skype which is our current main method of communication. Another one is through the website we first met on. We can also contact each other on facebook, and also via email as well. So far so good. :-)

Comment

We mostly use Google hangouts. It crashes less than Skype, and we can easily use it on the computer or on cellphones. Besides that, sometimes we'll send emails or chat on multiplayer games. I think it's a good idea to have several ways to talk to each other.

---------------(♥)---------------

Comment

Working...
                  X