Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
    Looks interesting. I only have 2 issues with it:

1. They are only showing foreign women with US citizen men. Doing this kind of makes it seem like a mail-order bride show. Why not show 1 or 2 couples where the USCs are women and the foreigners are men?

2. For people unfamiliar with K1 visas (aka the average American), it kind of makes it seem like the couples really don't know each other and are taking 90 days to see if they should marry. Hopefully when the show airs, they'll show that these couples have been in long-term long-distance relationships and the conflicts are coming more from culture shock and regular pre-wedding jitters with some added struggles from being in an international relationship.
    Firstly, thank you for linking back to this thread, it was very helpful.

Secondly, this basically summarizes my concerns with the show. Why only US men? Is my story not good enough because my boyfriend can't be labeled as a "mail order groom"?

I am positive that the show will focus on drama in the relationship and nothing else.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post

I am positive that the show will focus on drama in the relationship and nothing else.
      Thats what makes tv of course!

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
        Thats what makes tv of course!
        Naturally!
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
        X