This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this and have concerns

I just started dating this guy (he is in Africa right now, he normally lives only an hour away.) a little over two weeks ago, and everything was going great he was so easy to talk to. Well two days before Christmas he texts me telling me that his daughter had a serious fall and she was in a coma and that he needed $5,000 in 8 hours to save his little girl. I told him I did not have that kind of money and he kept begging and pleading with me, but that is just something I don't have. Whenever I ask about the girl I get "My dear, she is not fine at all." and another plea to help. Am I just being paranoid or do you think this is really a scam? I am so new to this I am very unsure of myself and could use some advice. Thank You in advance Shelbey.

SCAAAAM! It's a scam! Don't give him a penny!!

Comment

I fully agree with Snow_Girl, he's trying to scam you. Block this dude asap!!!!

Comment

Wow, I seen this very often, Never give money to anyone. It's so easy to see it as a scam... Sorry honey, Break this off and delete, block and forget. There's a lot of these people around the internet. The internet is very dark when you have no idea what's going on, Please be careful. There is light and fun in the internet but with people like your "man" is nothing but a scammer.

Comment

Have you met him in person? Have you skyped with him? How long have you been dating? If you've answered no to the first two it's a scam. You've only recently started dating, they slowly progress to gain your trust and then hit you with a sob story and because you think you care for the person want to help. Don't do it.

Comment

The way I'm thinking is, Even this happened to me, Whether I met him in person or skyped with them it's too early to land a bomb like this on a new relationship and him trying to get money by begging is very stupid and If the "child" was really in a coma, I am sure if the person was truthful I want proof I know it sounds harsh but It's early relationship sounds so fishy.... He's trying to hook you in.

Comment

I think this thread is a scam!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

SCAM! Totally a scam. Do not send anything, I guarantee there's no sick daughter. Nothing good will come of this, break it off right now, and block him from everything, save yourself the heartache and embarrassment that will come next, if you send any money at all. I'm sorry this happened to you, but never, ever send money to someone you've been dating for two weeks. These scammers are pro's, do not be fooled by pretty words and sob stories.
                Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I never seen a scammer what is a pro yet hehe xD

Comment

I agree with everyone else. This totally sounds like a scam! Did he tell you he had a daughter before she was in a coma? Why did he go to Africa if she's so ill? Have you seen him or talked to him outside of internet messages/emails/texts? If he needed the money in 8 hours a few days ago, why is he still asking?

The first thing I thought when I read your post was that it sounds like those emails that go straight to your spam/junk folder, the ones where someone is asking for money or saying you won the Jamaican lottery or something. Yes, he talked to you for two weeks but con-artists and scammers know what they are doing! I do not think that if this guy was real, he would ask you for money especially so soon! I would not give that amount of money to someone I wasn't extremely close to! I am sorry that this has happened but the best thing to do is to break off contact, especially if he keeps asking for money.
                    Our love story:
                    Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                    Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                    Reconnected: August 2012
                    Began dating LD: November 2012
                    Engaged! March 2014
                    Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Definitely a scam!!

sigpic

Comment

THANK YOU EVERYONE! I appreciate your input I didn't have anyone else to ask so your responses really helped me. I have already deleted him from my devices.

Comment

Good job dear. Don't let people like him try stuff like that on you again. Good thing you came to look for help otherwise you will be another sad story. And We don't want that.
                          Don't feel bad about yourself you have done the right thing. Best of luck <3

Comment

Originally posted by CutieTii View Post
                            I never seen a scammer what is a pro yet hehe xD
                            Huh???
                            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I haven't seen a scammer who can be in emotional way with people because you can always tell they are off, Please don't take it the wrong way. I guess I always seen all times of scammers and know their tricks. =x

Comment

Working...
                              X