Scared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared!

Tell me why I'm So scared of him! Tell me why, I love him to death, and yet i find myself second guessing. I've been hurt so many times. I'm scared I will turn and he will be gone. Right when I need him. Idk how many more times I can survive that.

You will turn many times to find him gone. But hopefully we will come back to you. If you love somebody, set them free...
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Well, it's still a new relationship. I suggest you don't invest yourself completely right from the start, and let trust grow between you two. As you get more and more involved and he doesn't betray that trust, you'll be able to open up more and lose that fear.
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

The thing about us is. I already lost him once. Thats why its so scary and hes really stressed right now. I feel like i may be the first to go. But at the same time. He loves me more than i even know. Its a weird situation. After my last relationship. I developed anxiety and i think this is part of it

Comment

I had to go through the same thing with my SO. I had gotten to the point where I always expected everyone to leave, so it didn't hurt when they did. It was just a friendship or relationship that just ran its course and they were gone now. I stopped caring if they left, because new people would come. and when they left, who cares?

Then I met my SO and i realized I cared if he left. I cared a lot. at first it almost destroyed us, because my tactic for that situation is to be the first to leave. Of course i couldnt. I was very scared and very caution for a long time. and we got into a lot of little spats because of my problem. but he always came back. and eventually, i learned that he always will. i dont have to be scared.

If this is right for you, he will always come back. it will take time to not be scared anymore, and its going to take understanding on his part. when you get that feeling, that insecure anxious feeling, stop and think about EVERYTHING. you're whole relationship. and you'll feel better, because you're going to realize he's still there. he hasn't left, so calm down.

Comment

Try not to over analyse things and just go with the flow otherwise you will end up worrying and stressing over the smallest of things
            ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

I understand how you feel. My SO and I dated CD for a year and broke up. Once we started talking again in the summer of 2012, I knew I still had feelings for him and was scared. We did try dating but it didn't work out due to a few factors but we both knew we wanted to be together once we could be. I have been scared that he would up and leave me too but he's had the same fear! I think the main thing to keep in mind is that things will happen how they are meant to happen! If he ends up leaving, you just have to have faith that things will work out how they are planned to. I did not think I would ever talk to my SO after we broke up in 2010 but here we are, more than a year and a half since we first reconnected, in love and best friends

Fear is a strong emotion but you cannot let it control you! Think of all the things you would miss out on if you let it. He hasn't left due to the stress this time and that says a lot. Try to breathe and keep calm. Let him know that you are there for him too. Like lilcupcake said, it will take time for you to not be scared anymore but it will come. Have faith, hope, and trust in him and yourself.
              Our love story:
              Attended the same high school 2004-2007
              Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
              Reconnected: August 2012
              Began dating LD: November 2012
              Engaged! March 2014
              Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Working...
              X