Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's going to the Peace Corps

Hello,

I just joined Loving from a Distance relatively recently! My boyfriend and I started dating in April 2013 and our relationship is stronger than ever! A couple weeks ago, he got his invitation from the Peace Corps to work in the Health Sector in Zambia. He's going to be there for 2years and 3 months. Of course he gets a little bit of vacation, but not a whole lot. He also will have limited time for internet and phone calls. Regardless, we are determined to make it work! I am in the process of making him "open when" letters I know we will last, cause we are truly meant for each other in every single way, so thats helps me keep a positive attitude. However, I can't help but think "only x more days until he leaves." So what I'm asking is does anyone have an advice/ ideas on how to make these next couple of months the best? and What are some things we can do to mentally prepare myself as well as him for this LDR?

Best,
    Bluemoon

I don't have any advice on how to make the next couple of months the best, besides the advice we all go over on the forum all the time. Try to spend as much time with him as you can via Skype or phone. Make sure he knows you support him, but will miss him. It will be hard, so make up your mind to that now. Nothing worthwhile is easy, though.

The "open when" letters are great for your situation. That's a great idea.

I'm so sorry he will be gone for so long. I hope that time will only allow you two to develop a solid foundation for your future together.

Comment

In the time you have left, just simply enjoy each other. Make memories to draw on when the distance seems too much. Not sure if your schedule will be more flexible; maybe you could visit him there? The "Open When" letters are great.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Working...
      X