Anyone from Houston,tx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone from Houston,tx?

I've lived here my whole life but I don't know the city very well. I was wondering if anyone could suggest fun things to do with my SO. Places to go, things to see, events that are coming up.

My SO is from the north of Houston. It's actually where I am right now! I'll ask him when he comes back from work, but for our first date he took me to the Houston museum of natural history. They have a butterfly hall/exhibit/greenhouse/whatever that is just nice to go to, especially when it's cold out and you step into the warmth. The museum also has special exhibits from time to time, but that depends on your individual interest. The Galleria mall is also tons of fun to just walk around, I know they should have indoors ice-skating and a few restaurants, some of which are quite upscale. My favorite restaurant has to be Niko Niko's though. I keep craving it whenever I go to Houston. Maybe I need to convince my boyfriend to take me out there soon!

Sorry that's all I can think of, it's cool that we live close-by (for the moment at least!).
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Yeah I was think the museum! Haha that is pretty awesome that you are here. Hope you are enjoying your stay

Comment

I live in Houston, the heights area to be exact! Most of what I'd suggest has to be done when the weather isn't so cold, like renting bikes and riding around the city, splash-town, kemah boardwalk, etc. Since the weather is dreadful I second the Galleria idea. Traffic is likely to be somewhat of a buzzkill though haha. There are also some pretty cool places and shops down Kirby and on Westheimer but both are traffic heavy. If she's into Sushi, take her Blue Fish in Downtown, it's a huge sushi restaurant and I love it. There's a smaller one near where I live and I go there all the time.

You could go to the Aquarium and ride the ferris wheel, or go to the Space Center which is pretty awesome. Something more simple to do that's still romantic is taking her on a walk around the water wall. It's really pretty to do at night especially! Also, you can go see the bats at waugh bridge, too. That's always fun to do, unless she's terrified of rat-like animals. You can go to hermann park and rent a boat on a warmer day, I used to do it all the time with my grandfather. It's inexpensive and fun. The Japanese garden is near there too (super beautiful) , along with the zoo and museum of natural science.

Umm, there are lots of things to do and I'll add more as they come to me! I've lived here most of my life.

Comment

Working...
        X